Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
on wc11yrs and still going
work related torn rotor cuff in 1999, I've just had surgery to repair this on 9/2012. in 2000 work related lifting heavy items numbness & tingling left side,end up c3,4,5 disc herniation & compression & disc bulge, returned to work after epidural to neck. In 2003 again lifting something heavy doing my job its happened again, numbness & tingling same injury went up 2 more disc c5,6,7, work related same job, I tried epidural, did not work this time, I've been on workers comp ever since, i have stress and anxiety added to case,i have tmj added to case, i have sleep disorder added to case, i have chronic pain disorder added to case, i have dental damage added to case,i have abdominal damage added. its not easy dealing believe me, I'm a candidate for surgery, but I'm learning to manage my issues my self, compared to what the doctors say, not giving me 50/50, this might be best for me to manage me my self and I. when will it end?, where will it end?,how long does it have to last? its been 10yrs and counting 11yrs come this 11/2012

each state has different rules. yours maybe one that provides lifetime benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-18-2012, 03:35 PM)tryingtolive Wrote: work related torn rotor cuff in 1999, I've just had surgery to repair this on 9/2012. in 2000 work related lifting heavy items numbness & tingling left side,end up c3,4,5 disc herniation & compression & disc bulge, returned to work after epidural to neck. In 2003 again lifting something heavy doing my job its happened again, numbness & tingling same injury went up 2 more disc c5,6,7, work related same job, I tried epidural, did not work this time, I've been on workers comp ever since, i have stress and anxiety added to case,i have tmj added to case, i have sleep disorder added to case, i have chronic pain disorder added to case, i have dental damage added to case,i have abdominal damage added. its not easy dealing believe me, I'm a candidate for surgery, but I'm learning to manage my issues my self, compared to what the doctors say, not giving me 50/50, this might be best for me to manage me my self and I. when will it end?, where will it end?,how long does it have to last? its been 10yrs and counting 11yrs come this 11/2012

Buddy I hear your cries...I hit the 11 year mark exactly 1 week ago today. I am like you when will it end and where will it end. My first inury involved the c5 c6 disc..Had a fusion... went back to work and screwed up the low back...the L1...L4-l5-S1 disc..have not had surgrey on the low back...they have alll agreed I am not a surgical canidate...as it would require a 4 level fusion...and according to surgeons all they will do is a 3 level and if I did have a 4 level i would walk around like i have a steal rod up my arse...so no surgrey for it...then in 2008 implanted a scs...then in 2009 had to have a cervical fusion revision.. this time they fused the c4, c5,c6 and c7 together.and still have all the pain i started with 11 yrs ago..So buddy I hear your crys....where and will it all end.. Have you settled or is your claim still ongoing...They are wanting to settle mine. claims...
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Ask anyone who has gone through this long drawn out process and you will hear the same issues you both bring up. It takes forever to get things settled because there is no motivation from both AA and DA, Insurance Company wants to keep the money in their account. There is no legal time limit as to when things need to get done. When there are time limits, there is no penality for being late. If the PQME or AME report is late, no penalty, no harms no foul. If PQME or AME report tells IC to perform something, IC has as much time as they want to perform it, if they ever get to it. MSA's can take as long as possible, no legal time limit. C&R dont have to be done by the DA. This can go on forever.
I thought that when you get injured, the IC is responsible to provide medical help to resolve your injuries. If this does not work, you go on permanent disability (PD). They can pay you whenever they want with no penalty. Same with Mileage Reimbursement. Then you get a PQME or AME report. That takes a long time to get an appointment, get tests, then get the final report. The IC does not have to do anything requested in report, not time limit to provide service. When they dont agree, they set up a deposition, which again takes a long time. This is another stall for time. Again, no penalties for stalling. Then the IC can ask for a MSA, even though one is not required <20K. This delays the case 6-12 months. Its all a stall game, going to WCAB wont speed up the process. Both AA and DA dont care about the process, they have other cases to work on. When you are injured, you want treatment and results. If you are PD, then you want payments according to law in a timely fashion. Mine only took 4 years. A MSA needs to be done for cases over 25K, going to CMS. Anything under this is a waste of time, is a stall tactic that IC/DA perform to stall this case. All the IW wants is to get relief from injuries, then move on. It takes years for cases to get resolved, 6-7, 12. Why not? No one is in a hurry while you are in pain wanting a resolution to your case. IC/DA/AA/Judge dont care when things get resolved because they are not hurt, busy doing other cases, dont care about efficiency, getting cases finished in a timely manner. 11-20 years, the people in this system really dont care!

Ask anyone who has gone through this long drawn out process and you will hear the same issues you both bring up. It takes forever to get things settled because there is no motivation from both AA and DA, Insurance Company wants to keep the money in their account. There is no legal time limit as to when things need to get done. When there are time limits, there is no penality for being late. If the PQME or AME report is late, no penalty, no harms no foul. If PQME or AME report tells IC to perform something, IC has as much time as they want to perform it, if they ever get to it. MSA's can take as long as possible, no legal time limit. C&R dont have to be done by the DA. This can go on forever.
I thought that when you get injured, the IC is responsible to provide medical help to resolve your injuries. If this does not work, you go on permanent disability (PD). They can pay you whenever they want with no penalty. Same with Mileage Reimbursement. Then you get a PQME or AME report. That takes a long time to get an appointment, get tests, then get the final report. The IC does not have to do anything requested in report, not time limit to provide service. When they dont agree, they set up a deposition, which again takes a long time. This is another stall for time. Again, no penalties for stalling. Then the IC can ask for a MSA, even though one is not required <20K. This delays the case 6-12 months. Its all a stall game, going to WCAB wont speed up the process. Both AA and DA dont care about the process, they have other cases to work on. When you are injured, you want treatment and results. If you are PD, then you want payments according to law in a timely fashion. Mine only took 4 years. A MSA needs to be done for cases over 25K, going to CMS. Anything under this is a waste of time, is a stall tactic that IC/DA perform to stall this case. All the IW wants is to get relief from injuries, then move on. It takes years for cases to get resolved, 6-7, 12. Why not? No one is in a hurry while you are in pain wanting a resolution to your case. IC/DA/AA/Judge dont care when things get resolved because they are not hurt, busy doing other cases, dont care about efficiency, getting cases finished in a timely manner. 11-20 years, the people in this system really dont care!