Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused
My workers compensation was just approved and my surgery was approved. I have been out of work for months because I haven't been able to work due to the injury. I haven't even been able to schedule my surgery and I received a letter saying my FMLA is over and my job is not guaranteed. I don't know how I can be fired when my injury is their fault. How am I going to get another job? I didn't get a settlement just weekly checks. Is this normal?

(09-05-2012, 02:10 PM)Chance Wrote: My workers compensation was just approved and my surgery was approved. I have been out of work for months because I haven't been able to work due to the injury. I haven't even been able to schedule my surgery and I received a letter saying my FMLA is over and my job is not guaranteed. I don't know how I can be fired when my injury is their fault. How am I going to get another job? I didn't get a settlement just weekly checks. Is this normal?

workers compensation insurance is "no fault".
each state has it's own laws, rules and system but most do not give comp claimants immunity from termination.
generally your state unemployment office will have resources to help you obtain other employment.
not every injury ends in settlement.
without knowing your state i can't give more specific information.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-05-2012, 02:10 PM)Chance Wrote: My workers compensation was just approved and my surgery was approved. I have been out of work for months because I haven't been able to work due to the injury. I haven't even been able to schedule my surgery and I received a letter saying my FMLA is over and my job is not guaranteed. I don't know how I can be fired when my injury is their fault. How am I going to get another job? I didn't get a settlement just weekly checks. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal, but if your in a contract with a union then that may give you job protection, with my union it gives me a year protection from being fired while on an approved medical leave. You can always find a new job just think positive and goods things will come to you. It's hard I know , many times I have thought of suicide because of this injury and not knowing whats going to happen in the future, and what got me out of that mentality was thinking positive and leaving it to God, you know you can't control everything. Peace out!

I am from Massachusetts. I am not in a union so I don't have any protection. I am nervous because the injury affects both of my arms and based on my research after the surgery scar tissue can form and the injury can come back. Even typing this is painful how can I work on a computer all day.

in Massachusetts there is a vocational rehabilitation benefit for those that may have to change jobs.
check it out:
http://www.mass.gov/lwd/workers-compensa...uc-and-vr/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.