Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TTD stopped for a year, just started again
Its all a game to them and our life's there are playing with. If the things that go on would ever get to a real court that would see everything that happens maybe something would change. But since we are a small number of people in the big picture I don't think much is going to change

Hi, I'm from Michigan, it will be 1 year in April since w/c cut off my benefits, but have not reinstated them. I was assaulted by a psych patient at work which is on tape, resulting in injuries to my neck, elbows, hips, right cheek. The assault was on 12/23/11. The first MRI in Jan 2012 showed the fracture in my neck but trying to get someone to see what we could see was like pulling teeth. W/C denied the MRI to begin with so I went through my own dr. I was having difficulty swallowing and
Then started choking on everything. Finally a neurosurgeon found a spur on C6 and in April did my surgery. I was to have a single level fusion T C6&7 with cadaver bone. When I woke up the ******* had cut open my right hip and tried to take 2 bone grafts but they both
Fractured so he did what he was suppose to and used
cadaver bone, he also found
my C6 endplate fracture. Oh
I'm 51 btw. In July of 2012 I had an emergency revision,
seems my first neurosurgeon
used no hardware and the cadaver bone was growing like wildfire and I was 2cm from being paralized, it had grown to my esophagus causing esophageal compression again. So I had a C5, 6&7 fusion with plating. Now March 2013 I have just been told a screw is penetrating C7 endplate and fracturing it so my fusion will need to be redone and extended but since w/c is in litigation I have to wait for medicaid approval. Disability denied twice, had to get an attorney. And before I was assaulted at work I filed a discrimination, sexual harassment case with civil rights and EEOC. Don't really have a question just venting I guess. Not sure if I'm even posting this in the right place.
Sorry my first fusion was C5&6.

no
you need to start a new thread.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4
this is some else's

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Finally being sent for a rating !! Yippee,,,,,,maybe this ordeal can be over soon. Still not sure how this will play out. I have a hearing in a month for the back pay and unpaid medical bills and travel expenses. Today I found out that since I couldn't finish the FCE due to pain and couldnt finish work hardening because it made me worse that I now get to be rated. How do they rate an foot injury that lead to complex regional pain syndrome of the entire side of body including my face. How do I know if they are rating me right?

if your claim is litigated the medical report has to go to the comp court and your lawyer has to get a copy. it's their job to check your rating and benefits.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-24-2013, 08:05 PM)Manley2 Wrote: The worse part is if your lawyer has to get your back pay he gets part of it unless they order them to pay his fees too

Am I entitled to TTD if I they have not sent me for IME rating? So the longer they dont pay and as long as court orders it finally, part of it will be lawyers fee??

I don't know the laws in every state but here any money my lawyer has to fight for he get a percent of, unless they order them to pay those fees

TTD is not directly dependent on an IME rating but rather medical authorization of temporary disability.
if that is in dispute then the court could rule TTD is due.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Ok, my doctor wrote my last out of work note up until Dec 2014. The commissioner said I could try one more treatment at the hearing so hoping it means they have to continue to pay and they pay my lawyer as well. He has spent so much time on my case and hasnt been paid yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 2,576 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 3,200 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance Co stopped talking Rebos 21 14,660 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rebos
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 7,215 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped constantpain 31 24,445 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 6,961 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 8,472 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain
Wink settled and i/c stopped medical, lawyer ran nomeds 2 3,072 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: unjured2
  sdi stopped payment pending qme results kylecalifornia 5 13,769 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  Benefits stopped Big T 1 4,657 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM