Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PQME report
Hello folks this is my first time posting. Injured in California. I received my PQME report this week. My injuries are neck and back. Emg testing was done coming back positive. showing severe nerve damage in neck. The qme report say that I have know nerve damage to my neck. Is it possible the qme didn't receive my emg test results. How can I have this corrected. Is this a serious mistake on behalf of the qme. Please help

The qme report should have addressed the emg test and explained how their opinion is supported by findings even though the emg test is different.
A test is not a medical opinion and cannot be substituted for a physicians well reasoned and supported conclusion.
On the other hand it is up to the doctor to outline their reasons and show how the conclusions are supported by their findings.
An opinion without logic is open to question.

If you disagree with the report contact the adjuster or your Information & Assistance Officer
More in QME fact sheet:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html

You can also write to them and request a supplemental.
You need to send a copy to the claims adjuster
More here:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalunit/faqiw.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank u for your quick response. I have a lawyer but he,s very hard to contact. Would this be a have my lawyer despo the doctor. If so do you thank the despo would be in my favor.

(08-26-2012, 11:39 PM)Cat daddy Wrote: Thank u for your quick response. I have a lawyer but he,s very hard to contact. Would this be a have my lawyer despo the doctor. If so do you thank the despo would be in my favor.

yes any response to the qme report needs to be done by your atty.
i do not know enough about your case to predict the results of a medical deposition.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I was in a big rigg accident. My truck jacked knifed on the freeway slamming in to the barrier. Injuring my back and neck. Never had any injury to either part. MRI shows bulged disc in neck and lumbar with nerve damage to both. So far I had a injection in my neck with no relief. Don't really know why they sent me to a PQME. This guy give rating of 20% and said 50% of is due to DDD. He also stated that I could work a job sitting down with a break standing and stretching every 1hr and half. My company don't have that type of work for me. Hopefully we can despo this guy. Also will my ttd stop?

yes it will.
TTD is only paid while you are in recovery. when you are at MMI or permanent & stationary you will be switched to permanent partial disability advances. the maximum is much lower.
you need to prepare for lighter work. you can't live on ppd and the legal process is very slow if you try to wait out litigation.
you are entitled to a retraining voucher to help with the new career.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks again 1171 excuse my typing skills. Not to skilled on the key board. 2 words a minute lol

(08-27-2012, 08:45 PM)Cat daddy Wrote: Thanks again 1171 excuse my typing skills. Not to skilled on the key board. 2 words a minute lol

no apology needed. it's all good as long as I can make out the "jist" of what you post.
be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What,s the chances of a qme being despositioned and rewriting a more favorable report? Being that there was serious mistakes in his report. Also I'm still receiving my ttd. Could this be because I still haven't completed my depression claim? I still have a upcoming PQME evaluation for this.

There are too many variables to give any prediction on the likelihood of the deposition turning out more favorably to you.

Remember that the deposition will also give the other side a chance to ask questions and try go get an even more favorable report.

I'm not certain why they are continuing to pay you TTD. Unless they accepted the depression (which isn't very likely) that probably has nothing to do with it. It could be something as simple as the carrier doesn't have the report yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I overturn PQME of MMI decision if primary doctor doesn't agree and get my TTD Be ART661 2 999 10-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Msc, judge, Ttd and pqme Lostandconfused 5 1,610 11-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 5,949 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  PQME asked for another test. I live out of state. maizyrose 8 6,532 07-15-2015, 02:42 PM
  Pqme despo Cat daddy 4 5,117 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Cat daddy
  1171 PQME CONT...... Sunshine7 4 4,798 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
  What is a PQME?CA sontaysyw 3 13,054 11-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Last Post: sontaysyw
  PQME reports chrischris 8 12,001 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Last Post: chrischris