Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney has filed for hearing on my wc
I recieved a big evelope from the attorney today, within it was for a hearing... The state ins has totaled up what they have covered due to my wc injury, wc owes the state just over $600,000 between my meds , procedures and pt and chiro/drappoinments... My mouth dropped to the floor when I had read it.... Within it it also has statements from pt/injury dr/ and primary and my raitings .. The dr reports show 100% disabled and shows I have a loss of earning capacity of 100% Now why in the world does the ssa say Im not disabled enough to qualify ... The vocational expert is accompaning us at the hearing to testify on our behalf...

I'm hoping this is a sign of things getting better......... What do yous think.....? Attorney figures we will be settled around the first of the year......I have learned a long time ago to not hold my breathe..

That sounds like good news, but for a bad reason of course if that makes sense to anyone but me. Are you talking about being denied for ssd? If so how many times have they denied you? I was rated at 76% I believe and with all the new things I'm sure it probably is more now. I was denied 3 times then went to a hearing where I was told I would receive a check within 2 weeks. The judge said he wasn't supposed to tell me how he would rule but he did and I was ever so thankful that he did as it relieved a lot of stress.

I wish you all the best with this and hope everything goes the way you want and need.

(08-23-2012, 01:16 PM)monster1963 Wrote: That sounds like good news, but for a bad reason of course if that makes sense to anyone but me. Are you talking about being denied for ssd? If so how many times have they denied you? I was rated at 76% I believe and with all the new things I'm sure it probably is more now. I was denied 3 times then went to a hearing where I was told I would receive a check within 2 weeks. The judge said he wasn't supposed to tell me how he would rule but he did and I was ever so thankful that he did as it relieved a lot of stress.

I wish you all the best with this and hope everything goes the way you want and need.

I have been only denied once so far, and now in the apeal process... I have 1 dr that I like but he is really slow on his dictations and we are waiting for his letter of reconmandation... I was not aware the ssa did not have my latest raitings from him and now we wait for the letter to bring in all together.... I have called the ssa and told them what Im waiting for, I still have 3 weeks left in the appeal deadline but they have noted my file just incase this dr drags his feet to long...

I hate it when the docs do that. I hope you will get it soon.

tak this new packet to your SS office Bonco tomorrow
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I don't understand how ssa can not approve you. I have no doubt you will get it on appeal. It sounds as if your starring the settlement process as well. We were also told the first of the year but I'm not counting on it. There's a court date next month because the ic has yet to set up his appt with their Dr months after they were told not to drag their feet. I don't think the lawyers pushed it because they were working on discovery for the civil suit. Now that that one is proceeding forward I think they will now push the workers comp case forward and not let them stall. I think the attorney is going to ask it be set for trial. Hopefully next year will be a good year for you!

(08-24-2012, 07:02 PM)ammowoman Wrote: I don't understand how ssa can not approve you. I have no doubt you will get it on appeal. It sounds as if your starring the settlement process as well. We were also told the first of the year but I'm not counting on it. There's a court date next month because the ic has yet to set up his appt with their Dr months after they were told not to drag their feet. I don't think the lawyers pushed it because they were working on discovery for the civil suit. Now that that one is proceeding forward I think they will now push the workers comp case forward and not let them stall. I think the attorney is going to ask it be set for trial. Hopefully next year will be a good year for you!

My attorneys aid warned me not to get my hopes up the first time around... I thought for sure they would have aproved me too, but after realizing they didnt get the latest report from my injury dr because the dates didnt line up... As of today I havnt recieved the letters of reconmandation from my main 2 drs and its pissing me off that its taking so long... I still have three weeks left for the appeal time frame so if them letters are not here by monday they will be getting another call...

After re reading the letter from my attorney I have found an error that I need to let my attorney know.. It states there is an issue with my ttd from 11/19/2010 - 11/29/2010... It was on 11/19/2010 they declared me mmi by one of thier drs and my ttd was stopped... I wasnt declared mmi by my treating injury dr until 5/29/2012... So it should be stated 11/19/2010 - 5/29/2012... Unless there is another reason why its stated this way it roughly totals up to 76 weeks of ttd back pay which is $42,560... I cant see him making this big of a mistake, but I have to check on it....

As far as the ssdi goes, Im sure it wont get denied this time with the new records... I hope and pray at least....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Murder Chatges Filed UndercovrAngel 6 4,190 06-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  My wc judge has filed a claim for wc Bummer Knees 6 3,850 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Attorney filed on back Bummer Knees 7 3,656 09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo