Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominick
Dominick is almost 16 months now, and for the past 3 weeks he has been sneaking out of his crib... The first time it has happened I was laying on the bed and he came running through with a big smerk.... At first it wasnt to often but for the last few days its constant.. I have already got the crib on the lowest notch, and I'm hoping I can drill new holes and get an inch or 2 so it keeps him in...

With our first son he didnt try it until about 28 months, He has got me worried.... We had to go with bigger gates because he has learned if he pushes his toys next to them he can climb over... My biggest fear is the stairwell, it does have railings but if he makes it up he's going straight down about 12 ft.....

Anyone have advice on the crib issue, he is just like a sure footed billy goat and has no fear.......

I don't know anything about cribs, but I do know about cow bells.

I understand what you are saying about trying to raise the rail. You may also want to think about setting something up that will make a LOUD sound when he does the great escape.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

(08-22-2012, 11:29 PM)AQA Wrote: I don't know anything about cribs, but I do know about cow bells.

I understand what you are saying about trying to raise the rail. You may also want to think about setting something up that will make a LOUD sound when he does the great escape.

The kicker is that he is sneaky, (gets from mother..lol) we have the montiors on but he must move so slow we dont hear it....lol.. I have been watching him without him knowing and he gets in the corner and does a pull up and throws his leg up around the top and slides over and slowly lets him self down... Now I know babies are flexible but my god..... he can stand and put his foot along side his ear without loosing his balance... We know he was a miracle baby but he is keeping dad on his toes....lol...

You know you will be the laughing stock of the neighborhood, if you have to construct a baby jail. LOL
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Bronco

I had this with my son only he was 18 months at the time it started.

Cody was in the hospital with RSVin his crib and on oxygen.

I steped out of the room for a minute and fortunatly the doctor came in the room at the right time, Cody had ripped the oxygen out of his nose and was climbing out of his crib.

After that the doctor ordered a clear dome for the crib. It was done for his safety.

At this age children do not understand danger and as parents it is our responsibility to protect our children.

I installed locks, alarms, protections covers, gates to the stairs and pool deck and then child proffed my home.

I was also a foster parent at the this time in my life and my home passed inspection 100%.

Good luck Bronco, you are going to need it in keeping up with this little guy.

Do any of the baby gate company's make taller gates for the stairs possibly? Maybe check out pet sites and see have they have some kind of gate thingie that is taller. Or have one custom made?

Trying to help, but not much help sorry Sad

The gate we have for the stars is wooden and folds. It is anchored to the wall and will not budge. Mine is an open stairway, gotta be safe with the kiddos.

Our stair well is aopen as well, for the time being we purchased 1 that is almost as tall as the stair railing.. It does screw in to the wall and has a good latch that he wont be able to get open... We have alot of the cheaper ones but the dogs jump over them and knock them over... My aunt has alot of little ones around and her son is in a electric wheel chair, she had many gates made but the best idea she had was to buy a solid oak door and cut it in half and uses the deadbolt,,,, I may do the same....

My oldest was easy, the only problem we had was he like to play on the stairs... We bought a jason mask from friday the 13th, hung it on the upstairs door and it glowed.. After we done that we never had problems......lol.. Except he is still afraid of that mask.lol.....

I like that, using a solid door and cutting it in half.

Just make sure it is tall enough for the little climber.

Yesterday was priceless, dominick has a habit as soon as he is up to make a dash for the first gate.. Which he has been able to manuver, but to his surprise this one is much taller......lol... He acted like someone took his birthday away and started to shake the gate... Needless to say he didnt get through and gave up trying....... I re drilled the brackets on crib and theres is no way to get it lower than 2 inches from floor... He still manages to pull himself up and throw his leg over.. I have to come up with somthing different, like a top for the crib.....time to start searching.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dominick bronco54501 4 3,079 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Dominick update bronco54501 5 3,287 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Poor Dominick bronco54501 8 5,310 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
  just a few pics of Dominick bronco54501 10 6,315 11-17-2011, 07:44 PM
  Dominick bronco54501 2 2,215 06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jayne