Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled for a FCE
Quote " I was talking to a buddy earlier and he said when I feel out the paperwork to make sure where it says whom to contact in case of emergency to put 911..."

And you don't se the foolishness in the drama?????????????

The heart rate monitor is only part of the equation to determine if you are just pretending.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I think this has gotten blown out of place.... The fce is not the end of the world and is not as bad as what you have read or hear from a friend....... I have had a few myself, my first one Was more for diag for the dr and basicaly it was at my pace and without the monitor... My second was to return me back to work, and was much harder but wasnt a marathon.. They used the monitor this time and was told to sit for 5 min a few different times through out the tests... I can remember the pain was agony, and when they had me go down to my knees and pick up cards off the floor I almost passed out, had tears in eyes as well... After 4 hrs they stopped the fce and sent me home and not to return until I speak to my dr........

The best advice (( IN my Oppinion )) is to be honest and try your hardest to your capabilities... You will feel pain, but if you dont try they will know but that dont mean you beat yourself to death... I also was on strict restrictions and also needed a cane, you wont be using it durring these tests.... I was also told not to take my pain meds the morning of the fce so it would give a true reading because not many employers will allow narcotic use on the job....

(08-27-2012, 09:10 PM)AQA Wrote: Quote " I was talking to a buddy earlier and he said when I feel out the paperwork to make sure where it says whom to contact in case of emergency to put 911..."

And you don't se the foolishness in the drama?????????????

The heart rate monitor is only part of the equation to determine if you are just pretending.

Also, Attitude and "facial expressions" can determine if one is faking. My daughter is certified to give FCE's; She is a Registered Occupational Therapist.

For instance, If one has a mid back injury and the therapist touches the lower lumbar and the patient screams in pain, A flag will go up. Refusing to do what they ask will raise a flag.

JUST BE HONEST; JUST BE YOURSELF. The Therapist should have your restrictions from your Doctor.

delete please thanks billy

Just be Honest; They should have paper work explaining what the Doctor feels and build your FCE around this. For instance, I had a 20 lb weight limit and also I was not allowed to climb a ladder.
Did your Doctor tell you to get a Cane? This should be in the notes the therapist will have.

Honestly, You are over thinking this. I will say you are close to the end; Just prepare to lose your TTD.

You have that right, I can remember my first time I had an axiety attack the night before... But once there it out of all fairness it went pretty smoothly.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I be Scheduled for Another IME? shefallsdown 3 1,805 01-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Scheduled or None Scheduled uww81 4 5,615 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: uww81
  Scheduled for my IME... injuredinidaho 3 4,742 05-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  MRI scheduled missmelody 16 9,085 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: missmelody