Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doctors confused?! are you serious?
23, NC
Ok, today I called my doctor wanting to know my impairment rating for my eye that was injured on the job and I was told that they do not know what an MMI is and they also told me that I have 20/20 in my right eye and "hand motion" vision in my left eye! What does hand motion mean? And why can't they give me an impairment rating for my left eye?

ratings are complex. not all doctors are familiar with the process.
hand motion=able to distinguish a moving hand.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So how will my lawyer be able to get my impairment rating from the doctors if they are unfamiliar?

you'll have to have an exam by someone who can do a rating.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Will my workers comp pay for that? Even though I was released to go back to work full duty

(08-16-2012, 06:12 PM)tnicholson3 Wrote: Will my workers comp pay for that? Even though I was released to go back to work full duty
it depends on how it's negotiated.
your atty will contact the carrier and handle the discovery process including any additional evaluations.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That's sounds good. So now that everything is returned to the opposing attorneys, how long will it be to heat something back from them?

(08-16-2012, 07:52 PM)tnicholson3 Wrote: That's sounds good. So now that everything is returned to the opposing attorneys, how long will it be to heat something back from them?

No set time. depends if they like it.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My husband was put at mmi about a yr and a half ago by his surgeon. His attorney sent him to a Dr for a rating over a yr ago. The insurance company must not of liked the rating. At the last court date they told the judge they wanted to send him to their Dr. The judge told them not to drag their feet and they still haven't set the appt months later. He goes in front of the judge next month to hopefully just get it set for trial. They have had a yr and a half to send him. Your attorney can send you for a rating.