Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discovery letter recieved
hello everyone,
i am in need of advice. i just received my "discovery" letter from my workers compensation lawyer. What does this letter mean?, what is the next step after this letter? and what should i do now?

on may 23 2012 i was injured on a ladder at work which resulted in me losing my peripheral vision and it has been three months now since i have received this letter. Any advice is helpful

Thank you

Every state has it's own forms, procedures, and comp laws.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am in north Carolina!

(08-11-2012, 07:47 PM)tnicholson3 Wrote: I am in north Carolina!

I suspect every atty has their own wording.
discovery is the legal process of obtaining and sharing evidence on the various issues/benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That's understandable! I have had a retina detachment at my previous place of employment but back in 95' when I was 6 years old, I had cornea and cataract surgery for glass being thrown in my eye. So I believe that they are trying to see if I been had this retina detachment back then!! So after this discovery later situation, what comes next?

(08-11-2012, 09:40 PM)tnicholson3 Wrote: That's understandable! I have had a retina detachment at my previous place of employment but back in 95' when I was 6 years old, I had cornea and cataract surgery for glass being thrown in my eye. So I believe that they are trying to see if I been had this retina detachment back then!! So after this discovery later situation, what comes next?

I'm not sure what's already happened. there is not a set script. each case has different issues and takes different paths.
generally a rating and information about potential lost earnings are gotten so as to determine extent of additional disability payments.
if the parties agree then the you'll be awarded a set period of permanent disability payments.
more here
http://www.ic.nc.gov/
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you 1171, just one more Question, when the opposing attorneys receive the documentation, what will follow?

negotiation or hearing depending on whether they agree.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,241 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  discovery rules 1171 0 2,249 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Just recieved a message froma nurse case manager mel1980 6 4,148 11-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Last Post: mel1980