Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know?
I live in Tennessee. I have not retained an attorney.

What are my rights in dealing with her?

(08-08-2012, 12:52 PM)cherokeegal Wrote: I live in Tennessee. I have not retained an attorney.

What are my rights in dealing with her?

your participation is optional.

All employers, insurers, injured or disabled workers and their legal representatives are
required to cooperate with the contractor with respect to all reasonable requests for
information necessary for case management purposes. The contractor shall report any refusal
to cooperate to the Director.
Any dispute concerning the reasonableness of any request for information may be submitted,
in writing, to the Director. The determinations of the Director concerning the reasonableness
of such requests are final. The Director shall consult with the medical Director in making
such determinations.

from the previous link to tennessee work comp site
http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/0800/0800-02/0800-02-07.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I don't see where it says anything on the link about being optional. I just see where I am required to cooperate with her.

(08-08-2012, 01:37 PM)cherokeegal Wrote: I don't see where it says anything on the link about being optional. I just see where I am required to cooperate with her.

you are reading it incorrectly.

it states you have to cooperate with requests for information.

It shall be the responsibility of every employer, either directly or through its insurer or third party administrator, to give basic information to and encourage the injured worker's participation in case management.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Oh, ok. I see now.

And thank you.
I wonder why I am getting this attention at this point? Injury date was June 19 and the first ortho doc kept saying it's "just a sprain".

delete please thanks billy

cherokee remember that snotty nose girl that ran to the teacher in the 3rd grade and told on everyone everytime you so much looked at her crosseyed?You know the one that sucked up to the teacher by pretending to be your friend then running and telling every secret you told her?She grew up to be a Nurse case manager....watch your back...she can help you but never tell her anything personal or private never forget who she works for....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne - That is the best explanation ever!Smile

(08-08-2012, 04:48 PM)jayne Wrote: cherokee remember that snotty nose girl that ran to the teacher in the 3rd grade and told on everyone everytime you so much looked at her crosseyed?You know the one that sucked up to the teacher by pretending to be your friend then running and telling every secret you told her?She grew up to be a Nurse case manager....watch your back...she can help you but never tell her anything personal or private never forget who she works for....

Great explanation, Jayne! LOL I'll keep that in mind.

I figure I'll let her come into the first appt and see how she acts. But the minute she starts trying to take control or tell my doc what to do, I'm gonna remind her I know how she makes her money and gets her big bonuses, and show her the door.

delete please thanks billy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,238 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,282 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,420 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Hospice nurse new to this process happybalance 9 9,256 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,174 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 25,697 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,130 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 16,437 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Assistant Manager not sure what to do... Bnkrbv 4 6,704 10-19-2010, 08:28 PM