Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
frustrated with back injury
Hello fellow posters, I'm hoping someone can assist me with this question. I'm here in California with an open WC case where I've been placed on light duty by my Dr. My job doesn't offer light duty unless you're pregnant. My injury occurred last October and he just released me a couple of weeks ago for full duty with case still open as I had to go back to a physical job and a 5 day quarterly training I missed while out, and I hadn't done anything physical since my initial injury.Monday through Wednesday was ok, but Thursday and Friday my back took a toll. I thought I'd be ok as training always has you a little sore, but instead of it getting better, it progressively got worse and since yesterday, I'm back on light duty and physical therapy 3 days a week. My question is...(sorry for the long historySmile Due to the type of job I have and the injury I sustained, I'm now wondering if I should be looking to do something else that won't further injure my back. Can I quit my job and settle my WC case and look for a job that isn't so physically demanding or when I quit my job, does that automatically close my WC case? I have a few jobs lined up, but can't actually begin employment due to being on WC, although I'm more physically able to do these jobs then my current employer. ISad[/align] firmly believe that even if my back gets well enough for me to return to full duty, my job will only continue to create a problem for me.

You can quit at anytime. Just be sure not to violate the drs. orders (restrictions).

A WC claim does not mean that you are tied to employment until the claim is close.

WC is to protect the employee and employer. It protects the employer from a civil suit and it protects the employee by medical and monitary benifits. A company can fire an individual that is out on a WC claim. They just can fire them due to the claim and an empoyee can leave at anytime.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Like aqa said, your wc will follow you where ever you seek employment.. But the most important thing.....follow your restrictions because that could end your bennifits.. Talk to your dr about what jobs you want and what your duties will be and ask for his ok to do so,,,,this way its documented... If you feel your current position is going to bother your back, it probably will...

Like both AQA & Bronco stated make sure you follow the treating Dr's restrictions.

But I'm sure that whomever you find they will want something from your dr in writing stating your restrictions just to cover themselves.

Good luck.

Thank you soooo much for your wisdom and insight. I really think I need to move on to a career that's not so G.I Janeish so my quality of life can get back to normal. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it.

Thank you soooo much for your wisdom and insight. I really think I need to move on to a career that's not so G.I Janeish so my quality of life can get back to normal. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,448 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,814 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  frustrated to distraction in ny mb12345 3 2,087 04-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mb12345
  Back Injury Settlement backprobs 6 8,198 09-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Getting Frustrated injured72 6 3,619 09-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back injury LPallet 2 3,666 04-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 4,138 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Back Injury...pls help aceiam 8 8,442 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: aceiam
  Beyond Frustrated jessicaann 3 3,639 02-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back Injury Workers Comp. tjones288 9 15,574 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Robby