Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
In need of some help
Oh wow! That, I didn't know! So I will be blind withlimited job options and a permanent disability and I won't get compensated for it?! That sucks. So should I apply for disability?

lets not confuse pain and suffering with impairment benifits. They are two different things.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

So I have an impairment rating of 80%...

When they do decide that you are at MMI. They will give you a final rating.. I do not think that 80% is the MMI number just a number % of damage to that eye? ( Not sure though as I wasn't there with you & far from being a Dr. ) But I highly doubt someone would be considered 80% disabled due to loss of sight in one eye....( But then again i'm no Dr. ) As far as disability, I believe you have to be unable to work or not able to work for 1 year.. ( Once again could be wrong, this is just what I've gathered from others on here. ) But then you can apply and that is a LONG process from what I've heard especially for younger aged people... You can go to your states website and look up more info.

I'm not trying to be Negative Nathan.... I just want to give you some facts / statements b/c I don't want you to get your hopes high and nothing happens.. Yes the loss is definitely going to take a toll on you, but there is no pain & suffering in the workers compensation world..

I'm sure others can help you in the right direction as well.. As far as settlement when the MMI is given then from what I've recollected your adjuster will let your attorney know a number and go from there... How much who knows... But I do hope that you get whatever you feel is neccessary...

Thank you hurt back for giving me facts! I appreciate you responding. I just looked over my doc reports and you are absolutely correct, my eye is 80% damaged! maybe I have not received an KNOW just yet. But I have been released to go back to work but light duty!

Hopefully you will get some answer soon.

If you need anything just let me know..