Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Medication & EMG test
delete please thanks billy

(07-31-2012, 05:50 PM)hurt back Wrote: So my nurse case manager called today and said that Aug. 2 is my EMG test at another hospital ( same Dr. though ). She did not given me any instruction on eating, medication, or etc prior to showing up..

So I called the hospital and they said they couldn't answer that question only she could? So tried to call her back again and no answer...

My question is when I talked to my Dr. nurse 3 days ago and told her I was in extreme pain in my back and I had a little bit of medicine left over from prior due to only take in extreme pain cases, she said to take the left over narcotics I had if any until or if they recommend pain management..

That being said will these effect my EMG along with the medicine he prescribed the other day which was a muscle relaxer??

I just don't want my test to come back bad due to me taking the meds he has prescribed... Or if I should stop now before the EMG....

Thanks in advance.

Yes muscle relaxers can affect your EMG test and lotion on the skin, most doctors tell you the day before the EMG , not to wear any lotions or purfumes but you can still take your medication. I personally dont believe in the EMG test in most cases they are wrong and cant tell you whats going on Sad

From my past emg's they had never mentioned not to's.... At that time I wasnt on muscle relaxers so it could...but as far as lotions, they usually clean the areas tested before they do the emg........

You say your taking percocets.... I thought this dr wouldnt perscribe you narcotics......?

I recall being told not to put any lotion on and to take my prescribed meds. even with muscle relaxers. The outcome will be the same. I don't care who your are or what you are taking. Your body is going to react when subjected to voltage. My first time was when I was hit 480 volts. To this day, if I find the electrician that wired the box that way. Well, I will be in jail.

Anyway, back to the point. Voltage is going to be applied to specific nerves. The technician will be adjusting either the voltage output or the amp output. When mine was done. The right leg was jumping like a fish out of water. A little uncomfortable, but nothing that was unbearable. When it was done to my left leg, it felt like a mild massage and the leg did nothing. Which confirmed that there was something wrong with the nerve.

From what I have said (results of my test) you should have a clue (based on how the body reacts) what the outcome of the test is. Further more, if damage is shown, I for see another test coming.

I wish you the best.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA, perhaps they were trying to light up your life......lol...

I also recall the same seneiro, they couldnt even jump start my left leg to get it to move... Even when it come to exams, my reflexes in my left leg are weak compared to the right..

AQA, perhaps they were trying to light up your life......lol...

If felt like shoved a lighting bolt up my ???????????? LOL
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

[delete please thanks billy

I was on tramadol years ago, not much help for the pain.. I think the most I got out of it was dizzy and nausiated.. I stuck with them as long as I could but after weighing out the bennifits, I choose to stop them and asked for somthing else... While I waited I took IBU 800mg every 4 to 6 hrs and worked better than the tramadol with no side effects.... I have been on quite a few diiferent narcotics and I believe the morphine er has been the best other than clogging the plumbing..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UR Medication kibby 5 1,960 10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 5,680 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,298 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 18,421 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mileage to pick up narcotic medication denied? RootsGal 5 3,917 05-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: InjuredOne
  Medication and Other Questions JohnDoe 7 4,958 08-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Medication advice tpm 48 37,215 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Cycler, a medication question chrischris 14 11,015 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Medication Questions chrischris 4 4,142 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Medication provided by WC question tpm 13 9,826 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Last Post: BulldawgOnFire