Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression...Need to talk!
(08-01-2012, 12:52 AM)1171 Wrote: encouragement is not enough.
seek professional counseling - with your past experience it could become chronic and far worse then the back condition.
in workers comp aggravations are new injuries so past occurrences don't negate a claim.

How will this individual afford professional counseling? I am not saying this is a proper response but I question where the financial resources will come from since this is not part of his WC Injury; It looks like a pre-existing condition.
If I read his 1st post correctly, His wife works which could extremely limit Federal aide and It seems he still draws a WC check.

Maybe his wife has Insurance. I want the best for this individual but I will tell you I was my worse enemy. I went to a psychologist then a actual Therapist for over 3 months. The Psychiatrist drugged me with so much depression/anxiety meds till I was worthless; the psychologist tried to hypnotize me which was a joke IMO.

Finally one day, I decided to take my life back; I had the aide of a good Pastor and after 6 years of battles, I beat this mental game. I still have occurrences to this day but able to get the neg crap out of my mind.

Good Luck and God Bless. Get professional help if you can afford it; Do whatever you need to do to win yourself back to some type of normalcy.

Life will be different due to your injury but that is most IW's song on these forums.

BamaJ - I would definitely talk to my w/c Dr. a/b your situation.. Even with past depression issues like 1171 said it may still be covered due to injury can cause depression.. I do hope that you find a way to resolve this..

Good Luck...

Well I called the dr. I'm seeing for migraines and CDH and told him my proplems over the phone. He said for me to come in to see him today and he would not charge me a co-pay. Which is usually $25.00 Anyway I went in and we talked for about 25 min. and he gave me 2 free sample bottles and a prescription for Cymbalta. With the 2 sample bottles will last 2 weeks so that gives me some time to come up with some $$ for the prescription. I then called my EAP and they set me up an appointment with a counselor. They gave me 8 free visits. I just got home from my appointments, I did get in with the counselor today. And I have to say, nobody understands how much talking really helps. I do feel a little bit better..... Not great but better. I know I still have a long way to go. and I feel like the worst is yet to come. The counselor said there is no doubt I have sever depression and suggested i see a sychiatrist and she would give me a referral if i wanted one. She said she would keep seeing me after the 8 appointments but she does not accept my insurance. And her fee is $65/ session. I'll take the referral. Again THANK YOU! to everyone for the support/Information.
Thanks, BamaJ

That's great news bamaj.. I'm proud for you!

Great news! It will get better that I can promise. There is a light at the end of a tunnel.

you are taking the right steps and making the right choice.
putting yourself in a position to succeed is first and best step to recovery.
be well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hey BamaJ, you took a step in the right direction. it's amazing how much talking to a non judgmental counselor can help. I'm surprised you were able to get in so quickly. That's great.

Cymbalta is I think the 4th anti-depression I've taken. Sometimes it takes a few trials to get a good med mix. Cymbalta also has a pain ingredient. It's been the best for me, along with Klonopin for anxiety. The two together make me feel normal. LOL. Whatever that is.

Take care, and keep up the positive attitude towards helping yourself. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain-depression tinainky 4 859 01-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  settlement talk have some questions jojo87 6 3,659 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 4,343 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 5,196 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 31,363 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,886 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Injury, Narcotics, Depression sparkey 33 27,929 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 12,833 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Can I Get PTD For Major Depression? lefty 4 11,113 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Can depression treatment interfere lanna 17 15,905 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica