Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else melting in this heat?
Cool 
Hi All,

It was 118 degrees in my car yesterday when I left work.
It was a bit cooler today, that is if 98 degrees is any better. My tomato plants are scorching in this heat but the cantalope looks great. Tomorrow we're back up to 102, I don't want to even think about how high my electric bill will be.

Who else is melting in this heat?
Bodybuilder1958

We arnt to bad high 80's low 90's..... This summer has been the hotest one of all time for us and the lower half of the state has been in the 100's and no rain for them... they are claiming 60 to 70% crop damage if we dont get more rain in the next 10 days..

My neighbors a/c went out yesterday. She is 79. With the heat that we are having. I spent all day replacing it. I started at 8 am and finshed at 11 PM. Well, finished enough so that it can run safely. I will finish it tomorrow. Minor touch ups. Yes it is hot in Texas, plus we get the humidity.

Bronco, I hear what you are saying. I am afraid to see whats going to happen at the grocery stores. No rain for crops and feed for the cattle.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

(07-27-2012, 12:57 AM)AQA Wrote: My neighbors a/c went out yesterday. She is 79. With the heat that we are having. I spent all day replacing it. I started at 8 am and finshed at 11 PM. Well, finished enough so that it can run safely. I will finish it tomorrow. Minor touch ups. Yes it is hot in Texas, plus we get the humidity.

Bronco, I hear what you are saying. I am afraid to see whats going to happen at the grocery stores. No rain for crops and feed for the cattle.

Us in northern wi have had our share of rain but most of our farming is down state, and they are hurting... It's been on the news about the prices are going to sky rocket...

ahhhhhh you all dont have to worry....with all the storms we be having we are all gonna be swept to Oz any way and will have no worrys except for those funny little flying monkeys and ahh hell I been dipping in the oxys to heavy again.......that aint no monkey
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Five in the afternoon and it is 105 outside. It is dry out there, garden, grass, trees are dieing.

I have my container garden plants in the shade and they are still doing well.

Suffered through the heat/humidity in Arkansas, MO,KS in the beginning of the month, and came home to the same crap at home.

We've lost what green grass we had and lost both of the ornamental pear trees on the front walk along with the 4 pecan trees we had in the back. Our back yard is nothing but dead weeds now.

Just back from 5 days in east TX at Caddo Lake and it was a miserable sumbeach there on the lake right up to the last day when it decided to rain in the morning before we had to leave. Of course, by the time we started packing the car, the day started warming up and the humidity was terrible. Actually looked forward to coming home to 105 degree temp because the humidity was so low ~L~ . But we are supposed to see 105 or higher for the next several days and are under a heat advisory until 7 pm Tuesday. It's 12:55 am as I type this and it is still 89 degrees outside. Our electric bill is going to be outrageous this month.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prickly Heat lucky 2 1,834 08-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Weekend Heat chrischris 4 3,339 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Heat wave continues... bronco54501 30 17,135 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  The heat is on halftrak 5 3,267 07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Last Post: red1030