Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee injury nightmare
I've been keeping a diary of everything since the day I was injured. I make notes of all phone calls, visits, etc. I've been told that I can't claim mileage reimbursement, because it's not 15 miles from my house to the hospital or doc office.

The doctor they sent me to has a horrible bedside manner, and as I previously said, I think he supports the hospital. The Nurse Practicioner I saw in EH was a sweet girl, but the LPN who is the WC person onsite is hateful, and has "forgotten" to do some of the things she was supposed to do. I've made note of every time she has said she "forgot" to do something she said she would do.

The adjuster with the IC acts sweet, and calls me "honey", but I know she isn't my friend and doesn't give a flying flip about me. LOL I think the next time she calls me "honey" I am going to ask her to stop and be professional. My department director has called a couple times, but only wants to know when I will be back to full duty, and I've noticed that every time she's called me she has had me on speaker phone.

I'm really dreading tomorrow. It's my first PT session. Not sure what to expect, but I know it's going to hurt.

I went to see the therapist Friday for my initial evaluation. She gave me a very thorough exam....much more thorough than either the NP at Employee Health or the ortho surgeon. But, oh how it hurt! I was fighting back tears and sweating profusely from the pain the whole time. She said that she sees signs of some "ligament damage" with resulting "laxity" of my knee joint. She said her main goals are pain reduction and getting me to walking without crutches. (I am zero weight-bearing now.) She didn't say a word about going back to work. The WC person at work and the adjuster have both said they want me to come back right now at least at light duty. I don't know how I could do that. I'm still completely on crutches, and unable to bear any weight on the knee at all. And the pain is horrible, causing me to take 2 Lortab 5s every 4 hours around the clock. My director has already said that I can't come back, even to work the desk, if I'm still taking narcotics.

I'm really dreading tomorrow. It's my first PT session. Not sure what to expect, but I know it's going to hurt.

I went to see the therapist Friday for my initial evaluation. She gave me a very thorough exam....much more thorough than either the NP at Employee Health or the ortho surgeon. But, oh how it hurt! I was fighting back tears and sweating profusely from the pain the whole time. She said that she sees signs of some "ligament damage" with resulting "laxity" of my knee joint. She said her main goals are pain reduction and getting me to walking without crutches. (I am zero weight-bearing now.) She didn't say a word about going back to work. The WC person at work and the adjuster have both said they want me to come back right now at least at light duty. I don't know how I could do that. I'm still completely on crutches, and unable to bear any weight on the knee at all. And the pain is horrible, causing me to take 2 Lortab 5s every 4 hours around the clock. My director has already said that I can't come back, even to work the desk, if I'm still taking narcotics.

delete please thanks billy

Well there was no fighting back the tears during PT today. I couldn't hold them in, and lay there and cried like a baby. I hate this!!!!

Still having lots of swelling and increased pain since PT yesterday. Called doc today and his PA called me in a stronger pain pill and a muscle relaxer.

Back to PT tomorrow.....

Still having lots of swelling and increased pain since PT yesterday. Called doc today and his PA called me in a stronger pain pill and a muscle relaxer.

Back to PT tomorrow.....

The PT is only making things worse. I am going to call my employer Monday morning and request a new physician on the grounds that I don't feel like I am being treated correctly by the one they sent me to due to a conflict of interest. He admits patients to and does surgeries at the hospital that is my employer, and the first thing he told me when he walked in the room for my last appt was "I've got to get you back to work, the hospital is mad at me." I am going to request someone who is not affiliated with my employer and uses another hospital. If they don't allow me, then I'll have to get an attorney involved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions about knee injury in NJ jeter06emt 3 3,518 03-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Last Post: WCAdjuster
  Approaching my mmi after a 2 level acdf surgery and the nightmare has no end in sight gopack4mvp2 5 7,890 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Knee Injury in SC. Questions.. Pangaman 5 7,105 08-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Rotator cuff , employer nightmare , lombar 5 7,599 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Comp Nightmare ajenyksr 18 11,923 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Newbie with knee injury doglover 6 6,300 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My workers comp nightmare! mrclean331 4 11,739 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  workers comp nightmare lifeisaparty? 10 10,691 04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Last Post: lifeisaparty?
Question knee injury at work emora92 11 18,684 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: kneebow
  What do I expect next for this knee nightmare? cherokeegal 8 7,859 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees