Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee injury nightmare
The PT is only making things worse. I am going to call my employer Monday morning and request a new physician on the grounds that I don't feel like I am being treated correctly by the one they sent me to due to a conflict of interest. He admits patients to and does surgeries at the hospital that is my employer, and the first thing he told me when he walked in the room for my last appt was "I've got to get you back to work, the hospital is mad at me." I am going to request someone who is not affiliated with my employer and uses another hospital. If they don't allow me, then I'll have to get an attorney involved.

delete please thanks billy

Well, I did find out that there is an ortho group here in my town who is not affiliated with my employer hospital. They do office visits here, but if they do surgeries, they send you to Centenial Hospital in Nashville. I'm hoping they are on the approved panel. I know somebody in Nashville was on it, because she asked me if I wanted to see someone here or there.

I haven't had to deal with a nurse case manager yet. Only the workers comp lady at my employer, and the adjuster. They've been hateful enough, I don't I don't get a nurse manager. LOL

Well, I did find out that there is an ortho group here in my town who is not affiliated with my employer hospital. They do office visits here, but if they do surgeries, they send you to Centenial Hospital in Nashville. I'm hoping they are on the approved panel. I know somebody in Nashville was on it, because she asked me if I wanted to see someone here or there.

I haven't had to deal with a nurse case manager yet. Only the workers comp lady at my employer, and the adjuster. They've been hateful enough, I don't I don't get a nurse manager. LOL

I called my employer this morning at 9 and requested to choose a new physician from the panel on the grounds that my current ortho has a conflict of interest between myself and the hospital, and I am being treated unfairly as a result. The WC lady acted very surprised and shocked, and said that she didn't think I could do that. I told her that I also want to stop PT until I can get a new evaluation, because it is causing me horrible pain and not helping, instead it's making things worse. She said she had to call the adjuster. At 3, she called me back and said the adjuster is out of the office until Monday. She suggested I call the doc's office and tell his nurse about PT and ask that I not be made to go due to pain. She said she will get me an answer about the new doc on Monday. She also said, "Or you can just refuse to go to PT any more on your own and stop going."

I know that if I refuse to do doctor ordered treatments like PT then I'm screwed, right?

(07-30-2012, 05:34 PM)cherokeegal Wrote: I called my employer this morning at 9 and requested to choose a new physician from the panel on the grounds that my current ortho has a conflict of interest between myself and the hospital, and I am being treated unfairly as a result. The WC lady acted very surprised and shocked, and said that she didn't think I could do that. I told her that I also want to stop PT until I can get a new evaluation, because it is causing me horrible pain and not helping, instead it's making things worse. She said she had to call the adjuster. At 3, she called me back and said the adjuster is out of the office until Monday. She suggested I call the doc's office and tell his nurse about PT and ask that I not be made to go due to pain. She said she will get me an answer about the new doc on Monday. She also said, "Or you can just refuse to go to PT any more on your own and stop going."

I know that if I refuse to do doctor ordered treatments like PT then I'm screwed, right?
Treatment like comp is always at the patient's option.
If your time off is not authorized by a doctor, disability can be suspended.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

One would think, but that's what I was told.
One would think, but that's what I was told.

I recall a time that I had an issue with getting approval for my meds. I called the adjuster and got a recording that she was on vacation for the week. I then called back again and this time I requested to speak with her boss. I explained the situation to him and my meds were approved and filled 10 minutes latter.

I mearly tell the story to say there is an option when the regular adjuster is out. I do not suggest that it be used all the time. Such as, when the adjuster is out for the day and your situation does not require immediate attention. However; should your situation require immediate attention (as in my case) then use it.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions about knee injury in NJ jeter06emt 3 3,721 03-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Last Post: WCAdjuster
  Approaching my mmi after a 2 level acdf surgery and the nightmare has no end in sight gopack4mvp2 5 8,288 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Knee Injury in SC. Questions.. Pangaman 5 7,462 08-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Rotator cuff , employer nightmare , lombar 5 7,942 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Comp Nightmare ajenyksr 18 12,627 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Newbie with knee injury doglover 6 6,677 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My workers comp nightmare! mrclean331 4 12,171 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  workers comp nightmare lifeisaparty? 10 11,240 04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Last Post: lifeisaparty?
Question knee injury at work emora92 11 19,275 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: kneebow
  What do I expect next for this knee nightmare? cherokeegal 8 8,313 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees