Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a good Friday the 13th, my new job
I applied last month for a sterile processing job at a local hospital. I was interviewed last Tuesday and just got the call a short while ago. I got the job, so anybody still talking about Friday the 13th is bad news, well I just proved that wrong.

I've been turned down so many times in the past few months. I had just about given up. A friend of mine mentioned sterile processing, that's it's close enough to what I did before that a hospital might give me a chance. The first hospital I applied to agreed.

Bodybuilder1958 is doing Jayne's happy dance.

Congratulations!!!That is awesome!I am so happy for you.You definitely deserve it!That gives me hope that there is a life and possible employment after a WC injury.Thanks!
(07-13-2012, 04:36 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: I applied last month for a sterile processing job at a local hospital. I was interviewed last Tuesday and just got the call a short while ago. I got the job, so anybody still talking about Friday the 13th is bad news, well I just proved that wrong.

I've been turned down so many times in the past few months. I had just about given up. A friend of mine mentioned sterile processing, that's it's close enough to what I did before that a hospital might give me a chance. The first hospital I applied to agreed.

Bodybuilder1958 is doing Jayne's happy dance.

way to go BB but its Jeri Monsters happy dance.....we all can do it around a cauldren of boiling NCMs
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

That is great news, I'm happy for you and you deserve it and have worked hard to get it... Is this job like in a surgical room prepping the room before surgery... Have you ever worked in my area, many of the nurses and some surgeons were tconsidered traveling drs/nurses...

Congrats Bodybuilder! I had a feeling about this job working out for you.

(07-14-2012, 06:22 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: That is great news, I'm happy for you and you deserve it and have worked hard to get it... Is this job like in a surgical room prepping the room before surgery... Have you ever worked in my area, many of the nurses and some surgeons were tconsidered traveling drs/nurses...

I was a certified surgical technologist before (still certified), this job is sterile processing, it's my foot in the door. Cleaning the instruments used in the OR, then re-packing them and sterilizing them for use again. Doesn't pay as well as I thought it would, they're paying me slightly more due to my surgical experience. But like I said it's my foot in the door. If I don't like it then I can see about transferring into the OR it's self. If I like it I'll get certified, the Wichita area doesn't pay more for dual certification but other areas do. I plan on keeping my certification in Surgical Technology.

Congratulations BB. Smile
Let Go, and Let God......

That's great news, I am sooo happy for you! And yes, I am doing the 'monster happy dance" lol Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday the 13th Bummer Knees 4 2,744 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Bodybuider's surgery Friday, prayers for her Bummer Knees 0 1,386 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Surgery, Rt knee this Friday bodybuilder1958 3 2,509 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Rolleyes Never Noticed before Until This Friday! Sunshine7 11 5,341 02-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  Black Friday shopping, how did it go? Manley2 6 4,904 11-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Been off line due to Friday's tornado Bummer Knees 10 7,303 05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  Look Out Everybody It's Friday The 13th!!!!!! Jazzi 20 7,852 06-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Last Post: backache
  Today, March 13th Is Call In Day to Kansas Speaker of the House Bummer Knees 5 3,272 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
  Free McSkillet Breakfast Burritos Friday morning monster 2 2,326 02-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Fed EX cup commercial teleconference friday morning CRABBY 1 2,171 02-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Last Post: CRABBY