Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the saga continues
Ok, here is the latest on my injury and more of the issues concerning it. I was hurt on the job in NY December of 2010 and my left arm was injured and since then I have had two surgeries, carpal tunnel in August of last year (supposedly related to all of this) and tennis elbow as well. I have been ordered back to work on light duty several times and I am on light duty right now. I have never been back on full duty since the injury and have been on 207C a few times as well. I had an IME last month who told me and put in his report that there were no more surgical considerations and physical therapy was the last thing. I have been looking into a spinal stimulator to reduce the pain which the IME said was a consideration. A month ago the doc's put in the C-4 authorization form for the stimulator, which was denied twice before. Yesterday was my last day of PT, they sent their request for more in last Tuesday. I called my caseworker through my employers self insurance department today (she has been pretty much against everything we wanted so caseworker is only her title, I have little use for her but nothing I can do about it). She told me that she has 30 days to make a decision unless she hears from the doctors, and if she doesn't then she will be forced to make a decision. Well, I found out my doctor sent in another request for the stimulator a little more than a week ago. My doctor's secretary told me in fact they have 15 calender days before a decision is made and in addition to sending the C-4 to my caseworker they also send it to the Workers comp board. Tomorrow is day 15. I saw on the workers comp website that if by day 15 there is no request for an IME or records review by the IME then the board rules. How will I know and will the board contact me, my doctor or my attorney?

In response I would assume that they would contact your Dr, and then he contact you...

You could always contact your attorney and have him make a call for you ( after all he does represent you ).

Once again i'm not totaly sure how this works in NY but try to call both the Dr and the atty and see what happens.

Hope this advice helps!

yes the board will contact the parties of record with any decision and the appeal clock will begin.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I made some progress today, I think. I made a couple phone calls, and my caseworker apparently contacted my physical therapist and said that somehow the wrong form was used to request the PT last week. But last week my caseworker said she had not received any paperwork at all, so either she's mistaken or lying, I'll take door #2 because she works for my employer. I talked to my doctor, and they are making sure the right form is filled out, but back when I went to my doctor a month ago, there were no issues of the PT then, so why now? I called my attorney and left a message with him what is going on because something just doesn't smell right. I know the folks at the PT office said that if this doesn't get resolved it goes to something called the Order of the Chair. I know there is no IME exam or Records Review by the IME because I called their office to and told me that if they had ordered something, I would know about it. I don't know where this is headed because I know there is something that says (as does my doctor) that my caseworker only had 15 calender days to decide but then the Order of the Chair says 30 days, so I have no idea which to go by.

(07-13-2012, 10:38 PM)Bayan1905 Wrote: I made some progress today, I think. I made a couple phone calls, and my caseworker apparently contacted my physical therapist and said that somehow the wrong form was used to request the PT last week. But last week my caseworker said she had not received any paperwork at all, so either she's mistaken or lying, I'll take door #2 because she works for my employer. I talked to my doctor, and they are making sure the right form is filled out, but back when I went to my doctor a month ago, there were no issues of the PT then, so why now? I called my attorney and left a message with him what is going on because something just doesn't smell right. I know the folks at the PT office said that if this doesn't get resolved it goes to something called the Order of the Chair. I know there is no IME exam or Records Review by the IME because I called their office to and told me that if they had ordered something, I would know about it. I don't know where this is headed because I know there is something that says (as does my doctor) that my caseworker only had 15 calender days to decide but then the Order of the Chair says 30 days, so I have no idea which to go by.

I agree with door # 2.!!! lol... But I would keep calling my attorney /Dr whomever to get an answer... Because you need to know the status... just my opinion though...

I went to see the surgeon today who did my tennis elbow surgery for a follow up and he told me there was little more that could be done (we knew it was a slim hope but I did get some range of motion back). My caseworker stopped my physical therapy three weeks ago because she claimed she wasn't getting any paperwork from my doctor, which turns out she did she just claimed it was on the wrong form. The doctor told me that he was only going to do PT for three months total anyways, and I have already done two. I had my spinal cord stimulator denied yet again recently but that was the only thing following the PT is the stimulator so we will be fighting this out again after the PT is stopped. I am getting ahold of my attorney tomorrow because after the PT is stopped then there is nothing else medically. So the saga continues.

Good luck Bayan...

Hope it all works out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defense continues yet again October 1 1,858 11-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NJ SAGA nycpal 0 1,253 06-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Last Post: nycpal
  WC Saga endofmyrope 8 5,556 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Last Post: InsuranceCompaniesSuck
  WC continues to deny benefits against commish recommendation lpninct 1 2,484 07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Last Post: izell
  At MMI, but TTD continues Bummer Knees 1 2,389 07-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Last Post: 1171
  The WC bull continues........ wife of injured man 5 3,910 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Well the nightmare continues tony47 9 4,965 10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ksgirl
  Shoulder saga continues Isabo 11 6,402 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Last Post: capricorn