Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied Claim and going to trial
I was injured at the job and I never new about workers compensation,while I did tell my boss I was hurt she never filed any paperwork or let me see their doctor. I have insurance thru my husbands and they knew this. So I went to the doctor multiple times for my neck,back, arm, and work stress anxiety that my bosses put me thru. I then went to the doctor and he put me off work which i called an attorney and the employer insurance denied workers comp case. I was receiving state disab. and its been a year now so it was cancelled. Now I will be going to trial but my attorney told me that the employers attorney is making some accusations about my personal life which I should be scared and that they have witnesses. Not sure what anything tha happens in my personal life should deal with my injuries but anyways my attorney is almost not making me feel confident. The employer is saying i had an affair and marriage problems which arent true I am married lol. What should I do ?

Go to trial and see what happens.

Something tells me that, that is not what you were looking to hear,but that is an answer to the question.

Was there something else???????
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Sorry would you say I have a strong case? They are having all the employees talk about me. Which I know some of them might be threaten by loosing their job since they are illegal. I feel so weak now fighting this but I know I have a rights and want to go to trial. I guess I just need some courage words ..
Sorry would you say I have a strong case? They are having all the employees talk about me. Which I know some of them might be threaten by loosing their job since they are illegal. I feel so weak now fighting this but I know I have a rights and want to go to trial. I guess I just need some courage words ..

The way I see it, you have a great case. There is no comapny in the land or attorney that is going to put anyone on the stand that is working illegaly. That would destroy the creditability of the company, attorney, and the individual that is testifing.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

if you don't trust your atty you can change any time. there will be a single fee that is shared. talk to other attys specializing in workers compensation cases and see if you can find one you like.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am assuming from your initial statement, and I could be wrong, that they have surveillance evidence. Whatever they have should be provided to your attorney in advance of the hearing. I would suggest sitting down with him and reviewing exactly what your employer intends to present. Surveillance video often depicts a few minutes of your activity gleaned from several days of surveillance. Those few minutes may be damaging, but they need to be viewed in light of the entire period of surveillance.

I am assuming from your initial statement, and I could be wrong, that they have surveillance evidence. Whatever they have should be provided to your attorney in advance of the hearing. I would suggest sitting down with him and reviewing exactly what your employer intends to present. Surveillance video often depicts a few minutes of your activity gleaned from several days of surveillance. Those few minutes may be damaging, but they need to be viewed in light of the entire period of surveillance.

Yes, it definitely sounds like surveillance, carrying groceries or your children, something you specifically said you couldn't do to the doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denied claim Northerngal57 1 657 09-12-2020, 12:27 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Can an accepted claim go to trial? Lostandconfused 2 804 01-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  wclj denied inital claim reversed by board jerseylock 14 11,868 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
  claim accepted surgery denied what happens once i get mmi queenlee 4 4,663 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Frivolously denied claim Tarbender04 2 3,054 01-19-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Tarbender04
  Workers Comp Claim was denied Virginia Alberto 4 8,023 01-07-2014, 10:06 PM
  Surgery Claim Denied. Next Steps? Clchew 1 4,412 07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
  DISHONEST EMPLOYER, DENIED CLAIM marcoleman 9 11,376 10-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Denied Claim bob28607 9 9,241 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: bob28607
  denied workers comp claim, now paying medical bills kylecalifornia 7 19,732 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Last Post: chrischris