Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
22 yearold w paralyzed hand- update and question..
NEWYORK- went to my expediated hearing today to prove notice of hearing. i shoped copy i left after i went to hospital month later and also sent drs note.

my lawyer said congratulations after words that i wont, but the judge said i have to go see an ime so he said we have to come back sept 2 . so i dont get whats going on by then ill be owed 8 months back pay plus money for meds .. did i win or what.. idk if im getting my money

i have a factured c7 vert. which caused radial nerve damage and i cant use my left hand i cas a certified nursing assistant and can nevr work again.

thanks for any imput im just confused cause he said congrats and i won so..

(07-02-2012, 02:39 PM)villui Wrote: NEWYORK- went to my expediated hearing today to prove notice of hearing. i shoped copy i left after i went to hospital month later and also sent drs note.

my lawyer said congratulations after words that i wont, but the judge said i have to go see an ime so he said we have to come back sept 2 . so i dont get whats going on by then ill be owed 8 months back pay plus money for meds .. did i win or what.. idk if im getting my money

i have a factured c7 vert. which caused radial nerve damage and i cant use my left hand i cas a certified nursing assistant and can nevr work again.

thanks for any imput im just confused cause he said congrats and i won so..
Call and ask your Attorney. You are paying him for his services. Why did you not ask the Attorney when he said Congratulations if you did not understand?

It takes time to get a final settlement.

i tried to but he had to run and go to his next case and i called office and hes still in court so i gota wait.

i know settlement takes awhile i just want my backpay and monthly payments been out of work since january and no payments plus no payments for meds tho today he said they approved all treatment and that i did get hurt at work.. so idk

I wouldn't of let your lawyer go until you understood everything that it was alleged that you won. With your fractured spinal column I would be looking into SSDI even though you're very young. You need to have a plan in place for payments, medical, housing, transportation, personal assistance, rehab, etc.

You won but it doesn't seem quite like it does it?

ive applied to ssdi been few monthsand now there also having me to go 1 of there drs.

my lawyer said the judge accepted treatment and that i need to see the ime dr and stuff untill payment is discussed

double post sorry

is it normal after i prove all the things in the c-7 that they converted that i be sent for an ime before payment?
is it normal after i prove all the things in the c-7 that they converted that i be sent for an ime before payment?

update- spoke to wcb and decision of last weeks hearing. is they aproved medical treatment .. and the insurance company requested i get ime before any payment awarded..

so by next hearing in september do you think they will award payment after i get the ime im owed 14k backpay so far plus 2k in prescription reciepts...

They're just putting it off as long as they can. Stupid on their part, its not likely you'll give up at this point, but they like to be in control and make you miserable.

i basically won. well i proved my case atleast.
got letter on decision today it says , i had a work related injury involving the neck and left arm.based upton the nature of this injury it is possible that the claiment will have a permannt disability. additional monetary awwards will be awarded if the injury results in perm restriction or loss of use of extrem. however at this time there is not sufficent medical evidence for permanant disability.

meaning i have to have my doctor give me an mmi and % rating

and then ic will try to fight it ofc

but i have a good case , im not lieing at all i am truly injured.

also i had an appointment with binder and binder to see if they will take my ssd case , she decided to take it and said im the youngest person they every approved without letters from doctor.

i applied for ssd june 1 , going to their IME today atleast i have it going i know ss takes like 2 yrs.

it says case is continued for carrier to produce consultant report of disability.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colorado, Hand Injury, Disfigurement Sueinthemountains 2 2,166 02-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Don't want hand surgery coyfish727@gmail.com 2 3,787 04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Lost Index finger on right hand melglad 6 11,624 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  22 Yearold W Paralyzed Hand. Wondering What You Guys Think Ill Prob Get for a Sec32 villui 4 3,879 06-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Last Post: villui
  rt hand contusion cshurelds 4 7,393 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: socal
  numbness in hand boilerman 1 4,124 03-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Sad Cut my hand on the job, can I get WC? notsurewhattodo 6 19,610 03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Last Post: notsurewhattodo
  An update and a question... cynatnite 1 2,270 02-25-2011, 01:43 AM
  hand rated and more aggrevation crimsonmedic 2 5,680 08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Exploratory hand surgery bethsha211 7 11,149 04-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jayne