Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting with nurse case manager
Well I just found out that my nurse case manager wants to have a meeting with me next week.. Can anyone shed light on what or why she would want to meet with me.. ??

Thanks in advance.

(07-02-2012, 10:24 AM)hurt back Wrote: Well I just found out that my nurse case manager wants to have a meeting with me next week.. Can anyone shed light on what or why she would want to meet with me.. ??

Thanks in advance.

your adjuster might know.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

From my 9 years in the WC System a 4 different NCM; THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND! Most will lead you to believe that they have your best interest at hand BUT the Job of a NCM is to expedite you from the WC System.

I never allowed my NCM to attend a Doctors appointment with me; Never. I never offered anything and only answered what they asked and was very careful in what I said.

This NCM is working behind the scenes to get you at MMI ASAP; She does not care about you no matter how she comes across or if you are actually employable; I think sometimes they get paid a commission based on how fast they can persuade your Doctor to say you are at MMI.

She has combed your files; She is looking to get rid of you so be careful here. Everyone I dealt with were freaking Snakes.

My 2nd NCM was so nice........ Then one day He boldly tells me my days are limited with WC and I had better accept it. That was midway thru my 9 years in WC of Louisiana and I was found PTD in year 7 after a failed surgery.

I would let your lawyer know. I will guess that you may not have one if the case manager is requesting a meeting with you.

I did contact my lawyer and he said that is was normal in TN that you have to have a meeting within 14 days of her being assigned (even though its been longer b/c she was on vacation this week. ). I also today recieved some forms from her employer wanting me to sign as well. Medical release forms, called my lawyer back and he said yes this is normal, it releases your records to them so that she can oversee my medical treatment and ensure proper treatment is being given..

I already have a bad feeling a/b this even though my attorney tells me not to worry... I soo hope all goes well and not bad..

Your attorney is correct, it is the normal procedure... Just go with the flow, dont offer info that the case manager can twist around.. They will try to trick you up by the simplest things like hey might ask how was your weekend, if you give to much they will use it against you... At the first sign of trouble let your attorney know, he can put a stop to them seeing and talking to you.....

I was never required to have a meeting with mine.Like everyone states watch what you say and know they are not on your side.They usually are hired to get you off of WC asap.Hang in there!Good luck!

I am also from TN and have never been required to meet with the three I've had. I agree they are snakes, my first one would drive by my house everyday to see if I was doing anything she could get a PI to investigate. She finally had one following me and he would report to her at the end of each day, I know this because my attorney was given a copy of his investigation report and it showed who he reported to.

(07-02-2012, 12:53 PM)lucky Wrote: From my 9 years in the WC System a 4 different NCM; THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND! Most will lead you to believe that they have your best interest at hand BUT the Job of a NCM is to expedite you from the WC System.

I never allowed my NCM to attend a Doctors appointment with me; Never. I never offered anything and only answered what they asked and was very careful in what I said.

This NCM is working behind the scenes to get you at MMI ASAP; She does not care about you no matter how she comes across or if you are actually employable; I think sometimes they get paid a commission based on how fast they can persuade your Doctor to say you are at MMI.

She has combed your files; She is looking to get rid of you so be careful here. Everyone I dealt with were freaking Snakes.

My 2nd NCM was so nice........ Then one day He boldly tells me my days are limited with WC and I had better accept it. That was midway thru my 9 years in WC of Louisiana and I was found PTD in year 7 after a failed surgerya.
State of Texas
Hey, this is an alleged story. If somebody did not tell an employer about a former WC case, that has been closed, small settlement. Wallmart. Andthey have passed the physical and are thinking about coming clean with employer about past case, would you do it, or just at this point keep your mouth shut because you are allready in the process. And now they would

(07-04-2012, 11:35 PM)kwhite48 Wrote: Hey, this is an alleged story. If somebody did not tell an employer about a former WC case, that has been closed, small settlement. Wallmart. Andthey have passed the physical and are thinking about coming clean with employer about past case, would you do it, or just at this point keep your mouth shut because you are allready in the process. And now they would

[/quote]

I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here...

But you should NEVER lie a/b anything just be honest and put it in the past. If you can now perform regular duties then great. But if they ask tell the truth is goes a LONG ways..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,251 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,293 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,426 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lawyer meeting left more confused weezle735 9 9,051 07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Meeting With ALJ Redstone 4 3,029 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Redstone
  Hospice nurse new to this process happybalance 9 9,260 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 20,662 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,200 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,131 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Medical case manager hurt back 17 16,440 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501