Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it legal for prospective employers to ask about any work comp injuries?
Toungue 
Hi All,

Just a simple question, just seeking answers. In this day and age employers can't ask about male or female, black or white but they can ask about any work compensation files. Why is that? Why is that allowed of they are going to use that against you in a hiring decision?

How is that any state allows those questions that could be used against you in a hiring decision?

(07-01-2012, 01:11 AM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Hi All,

Just a simple question, just seeking answers. In this day and age employers can't ask about male or female, black or white but they can ask about any work compensation files. Why is that? Why is that allowed of they are going to use that against you in a hiring decision?

How is that any state allows those questions that could be used against you in a hiring decision?
Federal ADA and EEOC laws control discrimination in employment issues.
http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/index.cfm
http://www.ada.gov/
they each have their own complaint process.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I applied for several jobs in the past and was never ask about anything Workers Comp. There was always a place on the Job Application to check if you were Male or Female along with current and past job experience.

Segregation still exists; The employers do not run there mouth but it damn sure happens all the time. A person with a tattoo showing is less likely to land a job than one that does not; A male will land a physical job over a female; etc. This is the way it is but employers will not say this; they just do it and will win if challenged because they will deny it.

When you sit down with Human Resources/Director etc at this job you are applying for and go over your Resume, What will your answer be for the 4 idle years you have not worked?

If you lie here and they find out later you lied, you will probably get the Axe. I would not lie BUT I would not offer anything about my past until I was asked.

The 4 idle years will hurt you for sure. I know you could not control that 4 years of being Injured but lets be real, It is a big time ugly mark against you.

I feel for you. I have been Idle from work almost 9 years and like you I am skill labor and I was paid well. If miraculously my back was healed, I would never land a job like I once had

I would of cleared $55000. the last year I worked. If a form asks about work comp I will put down N/A, either yes or no. WC should not be the kiss of death.

I'm healed, more than healed, let me work. Sure my family needs my assistance with alot of things but right now funds are tight so money is more important.

I've also applied for a TSA job, made it thru the first hurdle. If asked about the WC I will say yes, government jobs are the ones that WILL send you to jail for lying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settling a work comp claim in Arizona Kosmo 2 652 02-24-2021, 02:09 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  What to settle first work comp or personal injury - NY sickofpain2020 1 878 11-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 4,430 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Work comp adjuster changing doctors CA kibby 12 4,891 06-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: richard_girling
  Is it legal? tinainky 4 1,539 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tinainky
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 8,269 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 2,127 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
  Drawing umemployment off your work comp Bets 8 3,748 01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Work Comp Lien with Fradulent Amounts samistheman 5 6,389 10-29-2018, 05:10 PM
  NY WORK COMP BOARD EXPANDING DRUG FORMULARY.... 1171 0 1,395 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM