Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical case manager
(06-19-2012, 02:47 PM)hurt back Wrote: Thanks 1171, so far haven't noticed any investigators "hanging" out in my subdivision yet, but I'm sure that they will be soon.!

yup...
you can only control what you do. does little good to worry on what others choose to do.

just gotta' roll with it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-19-2012, 06:49 PM)brneyedgirl40 Wrote: Yes it is the same thing.

Thanks. I have had one of these for a long time and not one time did I ever speak to her. And once I retained the services of my attorney he told to her not to think about calling me. Funny thing is, she would always call me therapist to find out if I was going to therapy. My lawyer put a stop to that as well. He told her to call him for updates. She never called.

I agree with the others...very bad news. They work for the very same carrier who wants to put an end to your comp benefits.

yeah when she called she already knew all my medical history ( insurance company must have gave to her ) she also knew when my next appt was and asked questions..

I told her look, I had the shot done, more pain now than before and I had to lay in bed for 5 days, if I have to get another thats fine, but I do request that I get some kind of medical treatment if I feel as bad as the last time due to it was alot of unneeded stress on my wife trying to take care of me due to could not hold down any food and running back and forth to pharmacy to fills prescriptions dr was calling in..

I believe she got the picture that I'm not going to tell her alot but pretty much the point of things.

yup...
you can only control what you do. does little good to worry on what others choose to do.

just gotta' roll with it.
[/quote]

I think when / if I do see them I'm going to wave at them.... lol

That was a good call on your part not to speak with her.They just try to find anything to use against you.They will constantly call your doctor,physical therapist,and any place you are having tests or procedures done.My case manager was actually a doctor.She got me in trouble because she was calling my neurosurgeon I was referred to leaving messages with her name and number and who she was calling about.The neurosurgeon's PA called me and stated that they were receiving calls from a doctor about me and I was caught trying to seek treatment from two different doctors.She stated that she had cancelled my appointment and to never call there again.I was absolutely shocked.I even explained the situation that she was just a medical case manager from my insurance company.She stated that I would have to contact her and tell her to call them back to clarify everything.I left several mesages with my MCM and she did not return my calls.I begged her to contact my neurosurgeons office and she never did.It was so unfair due to I had so many issues locating a treating doctor and she completely ruined it.
(06-19-2012, 08:02 PM)heynow Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 06:49 PM)brneyedgirl40 Wrote: Yes it is the same thing.

Thanks. I have had one of these for a long time and not one time did I ever speak to her. And once I retained the services of my attorney he told to her not to think about calling me. Funny thing is, she would always call me therapist to find out if I was going to therapy. My lawyer put a stop to that as well. He told her to call him for updates. She never called.

I agree with the others...very bad news. They work for the very same carrier who wants to put an end to your comp benefits.

Hurt Back, Don't hang your hat on the thought that you will be present EVERYTIME she talks with your dr..

Keep a clear mind and use her to your advantage.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

like Aqa said, use her. Mine was actually a god send in the begining, even though she worked for the ins she would go inbetween when I had problems such as late checks, meds, etc... It is my belief if you keep your conversations to the point of medical and nothing else you will be fine... If you give more then whats needed it will be turned against you in the end..

My only fear is like brneye says that she irritates the dr to the point that he doesn't want to treat me anymore.. I've heard so many horror stories a/b them..

My other thing is that I found our when i picked up my mri disc that I have a herniated disc, and some other things. This concerns me because no one has ever mentioned that. Only mentioned that I have degenerative disc disease and that the injury has "irritated" the L4-L5 disc causing the pain.

I can barely get out of bed, walking is a pain as well as any other daily activities..

I just don't want this lady to be the cause of me losing any benefits because she keeps calling the dr office and things of that nature..

(06-26-2012, 11:34 AM)hurt back Wrote: My only fear is like brneye says that she irritates the dr to the point that he doesn't want to treat me anymore.. I've heard so many horror stories a/b them..

My other thing is that I found our when i picked up my mri disc that I have a herniated disc, and some other things. This concerns me because no one has ever mentioned that. Only mentioned that I have degenerative disc disease and that the injury has "irritated" the L4-L5 disc causing the pain.

I can barely get out of bed, walking is a pain as well as any other daily activities..

I just don't want this lady to be the cause of me losing any benefits because she keeps calling the dr office and things of that nature..

That does happen, I have had a few drs that wont alow the ncm to ask questions after my appointments, they wont see or speak to her period..... Infact they are to follow procedure by requesting a copy of the drs report per each visit... They are so wishy-washy and you never know when they will turn on you... Every time I would have a new dr I would explain that I have a ncm and asked that they not let her talk to them... Some agreed and some were in thier pocket.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,238 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,282 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,420 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 9,454 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 20,624 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,174 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 25,697 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,130 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  closing case without future medical.whats this worth? dahubb 17 34,030 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Triksey
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 20,181 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 1171