Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical case manager
I just recieved a phone call from a lady saying that she has been appointed to be my medical case manager? What does that mean? I do have an attorney that has been dealing with the insurance company instead of me talking to them...

She did ask a/b all the treatments that I've done so far as well and the outcome...

Any help / advise will be greatly appreciated..

generally it's a nurse that intervenes with the doctor to facilitate early return-to-work or resolve treatment issues.
some attys will object to their use so notify your atty.
there are a number of posts on this site on the subject so you should search for other responses.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-19-2012, 01:20 PM)hurt back Wrote: I just recieved a phone call from a lady saying that she has been appointed to be my medical case manager? What does that mean? I do have an attorney that has been dealing with the insurance company instead of me talking to them...

She did ask a/b all the treatments that I've done so far as well and the outcome...

Any help / advise will be greatly appreciated..

I would think they would be the same as a NCM nurse case manager... Advise your attorney of this, he may not want her/him with you on your dr appoinments.. They can be helpfull as to getting dr appoinments and tests scheduled... But remember this person is not your friend it boils down to 1 thing they are hired by the ins companyand have been known to turn against you....

1171 beat me to the post...........lol..

I have called my atty and left a message. I was wondering though do I have to have a case manager? I feel that the insurance company is "pressuring" to close my case ......

She mentioned that my DDD is not of any concern at this time as well....

Just makes me think / feel as if i'm a/b to get screwed over...

whether the carrier/employer wants to use a case manager or not is up to them.

how or if you interact with the case manager is up to you.
see the tennessee rules on use of case managers:
http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/0800/0800-02/0800-02-07.pdf

you also have no say in adjusters, attys, investigators, etc. that they use.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Just got off the phone with my atty, and he said that it was normal to have a medical case manager with a spine injury in TN, not to worry to much a/b it, but to keep in mind she can be good for our case or bad for our case. So that being said, I believe that when I do go to the Dr I will not allow her back there during treatment, but will allow for us to talk to Dr with me present after my treatment has been done.
(06-19-2012, 02:01 PM)1171 Wrote: whether the carrier/employer wants to use a case manager or not is up to them.

how or if you interact with the case manager is up to you.
see the tennessee rules on use of case managers:
http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/0800/0800-02/0800-02-07.pdf

you also have no say in adjusters, attys, investigators, etc. that they use.

Thanks 1171, so far haven't noticed any investigators "hanging" out in my subdivision yet, but I'm sure that they will be soon.!

I had a nurse case manager assigned to my case also.I didnt know any better and spoke with her.She recorded the whole conversation and told me all of my injuries were not work related and were just normal wear and tear.Within 3 days of her phone call I received the letter for an appointment with a designated doctor to say I have reached MMI.Dont ever trust them.They are not on your side!Their main goal is to close your case as fast as possible.I have lost all hope on my case.I have an appt next Monday with a doctor that is known for going against the patient and putting them as reaching MMI know matter what condition they are in.Good luck to ya!![/b][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][b]
(06-19-2012, 01:57 PM)hurt back Wrote: I have called my atty and left a message. I was wondering though do I have to have a case manager? I feel that the insurance company is "pressuring" to close my case ......

She mentioned that my DDD is not of any concern at this time as well....

Just makes me think / feel as if i'm a/b to get screwed over...

@ brneye - I agree with you.... I'm not going to trust her at all... And my atty said that I don't have to have her even in the room with me. but she can be present to talk to the dr but make sure I'm there as well...

Just another thing to worry a/b I guess?!

Would this be the same as a Nurse Case Manager?

Yes it is the same thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Case Manager duaney1234 3 2,238 06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: duaney1234
  Nurse case manager jdx4 24 33,282 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,420 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 9,456 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Just assigned a Nurse Case Manager...what do I need to know? cherokeegal 21 20,625 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  First visit with Nurse Case Manager hurt back 22 24,174 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  Meeting with nurse case manager hurt back 20 25,697 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
  manager in training MYREGRET 6 8,130 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  closing case without future medical.whats this worth? dahubb 17 34,030 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Triksey
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 20,181 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 1171