Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ordered to attend RME by insurance hired doctor
My injury was back in 8-05. Needless to say, it is well past the two year statute. My monitary benifits have since pasted. however; my medical is for life, again, state statute. I see two different dr/s. every 90 days + meds.

Do you by chance have a copy of your MRI??? I mantioned to another member that I was going to see if I can scan mine and post it. Something for others to compare to. Not that I am recommending anyone try and become thier own DR.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I do have a copy of my mri report and the copy of the report from my dd examination. I heard they usually dont shedule these mandatory exams to be done to see if you have reached MMI and get an impairment rating until you have received all options of treatment and/or it has been around the 2 year mark.Well I have not had any treatment and my injury is 6 months old like I stated.So why do you think I am having two of these exams back to back?I appreciate you listening and all of your help! I am so lost.
(06-16-2012, 10:53 PM)AQA Wrote: My injury was back in 8-05. Needless to say, it is well past the two year statute. My monitary benifits have since pasted. however; my medical is for life, again, state statute. I see two different dr/s. every 90 days + meds.

Do you by chance have a copy of your MRI??? I mantioned to another member that I was going to see if I can scan mine and post it. Something for others to compare to. Not that I am recommending anyone try and become thier own DR.

mri of herniated disc

[Image: 157n1na.jpg]

I am still at a loss as to the first exam.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I only have the actual written report from my MRI.[/b]
(06-16-2012, 11:16 PM)AQA Wrote: mri of herniated disc

[Image: 157n1na.jpg]

I am still at a loss as to the first exam.

1171,AQA,hurt back,and Jayc123 thanks for your replies and all of your help.I really appreciate it and it means more than you know!

@ brneye - AQA mentioned to me the other day as well a/b my MRI, I'm going to see if I can get a copy of them due to keep for my records. I too have had several xrays and only 1 MRI, but like AQA said its alot easier to have the info available than to have to wait for it..

I do pray that all will work out for you!

Well they didnt waste any time making the appointment for the RME.Its next Monday.So if this independent doctor states that I have reached MMI even though I sill havent received any treatment does that means I lose my TIC benefits and all of my medical is stopped?I am still waiting on WC to approve my new treating doctor but still havent heard back.Its been two weeks.He was going to order PT,more inections and then see if I need surgery.All of that wont matter if this other doctor states I have reached MMI correct?

you can dispute the MMI evidence with other medical evidence.
the court will decide.
insurance carriers stopped going with treating doctors about trillion dollars ago; no one could afford blank check treatment.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

@ brneye - wondering how everything went with your visit. Hope all is well.

Thanks for asking!They actually postponed the RME until tomorrow.I finally got an approval for my new treating doctor and had an appointment with him yesterday.He is planning to do so much for me such as referring me to a pain management doctor,sending me for an orthopedic for evaluation,ordering an EGD test to check for nerve damage,and a consultation with a a physical therapist for an evaluation.I wished I found this doctor months ago.Its so frustrating due to I finally would be getting the treatment I need and now all of it will be stopped just from the report this doctor will make after my exam tomorow.I have consulted with a lawyer and he stated the insurance company's doctor that is doing the exam has very biased opinions that are widely known and well documented.He said its 100% guarantee that he will state nothing is wrong with me and stop all benefits.I have researched the doctor also and I am mortified on what I found.Well there is nothing I can do.I have to attend the RME.How is your case going?I will let you know what happens tomorrow.I appreciate all of your replies and posts!It means so much!Take care and hang in there!
quote='hurt back' pid='145136' dateline='1340726136']
@ brneye - wondering how everything went with your visit. Hope all is well.
[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tie breaker doctor/ exam what is it? Judge ordered both sides see agreed Feelbad 3 796 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,759 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,894 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Can't see doctor without insurance??? shefallsdown 5 2,198 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM
MyBB Workers Comp hired a lawyer? cblakem02 5 5,562 09-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 7,967 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back
  dr ordered therapy not avail in area? Marcma03 5 5,157 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Marcma03
  dr ordered a fce bronco54501 14 13,428 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  compell to attend Ame exam notagain 1 4,859 02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Rolleyes court ordered settlement not received kdwilson37 2 8,185 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Last Post: jayne