Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered back to work against doctor's orders
Well, today I was ordered back to work by my superiors against the orders of my doctors. I have had an ongoing issue with one arm since I was injured wrestling with a guy while on duty about a year and a half ago. I just had tennis elbow surgery less than two months ago and my employer's self insurance department and the company that handles the workers comp issues had made three requests to get me back to work on light duty, my doctor said no. Last week I had an IME and even though he was very much on my side with the surgeries and he continues to support me, he said I could do the light duty so today I was ordered back on light duty. I will of course go because if I don't it's considered violation a direct order and I could be subject to termination. So I will let the union handle this but I know my doc is upset and my physical therapist told me this afternoon returning even to light duty can basically put me back to where I was presurgery. So we will see what the attorneys say about all of this. I expect it to come to a head this week.

I would defintely do what the Dr told me to do , BUT if I did go back and the pain was starting up, I would inform my supervisor and then let him know that you need to go to the Dr. and have it re-evaluated! But that is just my two cents. Just don't push yourself and be tuff because like I tell everyone, most of us are just numbers on a time clock and thats it.

I saw my doctor today and he said that he didn't agree with the light duty but he signed off on it as well. So now I am back to work but we don't know for how long. I then talked to my union attorney and he informed me that now that I am back on light duty and not on 207C my employer anytime they choose can now submit on my behalf for medical disability instead of having to pay me while out on 207C and having to pay my full pay. The IME put in his report that there is no expectation of me ever returning to work on full duty and that there is really nothing more we can do except for the physical therapy which isn't really helping. He did not say I have reached MMI though as the surgery takes a year to recover, but come the end of this year I will reach the two year mark since this injury began. The union attorney also told me that the section 71 CSL hearing is still a possibility.

Good luck, I pray all goes well for you..

(06-12-2012, 12:55 PM)Bayan1905 Wrote: I saw my doctor today and he said that he didn't agree with the light duty but he signed off on it as well. So now I am back to work but we don't know for how long. I then talked to my union attorney and he informed me that now that I am back on light duty and not on 207C my employer anytime they choose can now submit on my behalf for medical disability instead of having to pay me while out on 207C and having to pay my full pay. The IME put in his report that there is no expectation of me ever returning to work on full duty and that there is really nothing more we can do except for the physical therapy which isn't really helping. He did not say I have reached MMI though as the surgery takes a year to recover, but come the end of this year I will reach the two year mark since this injury began. The union attorney also told me that the section 71 CSL hearing is still a possibility.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tie breaker doctor/ exam what is it? Judge ordered both sides see agreed Feelbad 3 805 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,772 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 1,899 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,471 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,843 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 22,510 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,731 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 6,079 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back to Work darrinb 4 4,658 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 5,630 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM