Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feel like they own me....
Hello again, I had my hearing on6/6/2012 The IC has to pay me for back payments. the problem is now they want me to go to vesid, one stop career and wcb vocation and also look for work on my own. I started all that without them requesting me to do so. I am currently enrolled in shcool fulltime do i still have to furnish them with all this documation? I live in NYS. I also have a hearin SS. soon becaus of an appeal how would that affect my wc case? one more question how long before i would be able to ask for a settlement. I have low back injury with buldging discs and deteration.

Hello... first off I'm happy to hear that you are getting your payments that you are required to get. The main thing here ( in my opinion ) is do you have a lawyer? If not get one NOW>>> B/c the IC will jerk you around forever.. As far as your schooling I too asked my atty a/b going back to school and he incouraged due to I can try and "recover" some of the cost since I was told I could no longer do the line of work I was doing.. But yes make sure you have a lawyer. As far as settlement I'm not sure I do know every state is different I live in TN and we have VERY different laws on our than others. But don't lie just tell the truth and all will work out well! Most of the time though a settlement is reached unti your Dr gives you a MMI, and releases you. If you have recieved that then get an atty and work out the arrangements! Good luck!

only if you want work comp VR benefits.
social security will not affect your work comp benefits.

you can settle a dispute at any time. you can only settle your permanent disability when you reach maximum medical improvement.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you both for your info. Yes i do have a lawyer and informed him that i was enrolled in school, yet he continued to send me all that info about what i have to do in order to keep receiving my checks...i really don't have the engery to keep putting up with this nonsense that the IC keeps throwing at me. first the denial and no medical or montery payments, and now this. My Dr. was suggesting epidural shots, not real happy about that. Is it mandatory that i take these shots and if i don't how will that affect my case...

Thank you both for your info. Yes i do have a lawyer and informed him that i was enrolled in school, yet he continued to send me all that info about what i have to do in order to keep receiving my checks...i really don't have the engery to keep putting up with this nonsense that the IC keeps throwing at me. first the denial and no medical or montery payments, and now this. My Dr. was suggesting epidural shots, not real happy about that. Is it mandatory that i take these shots and if i don't how will that affect my case...

If your Dr has suggested ESI's for your injury to the IC, and you refuse the treatment, the IC can take that as a refusal to comply with treatment and send you for your MMI.

You don't have to fill out all the paperwork that the IC sends you either. But without it, they don't have to provide you with any benefits, other than what has already been ordered by the WC judge. Sometimes it is necessary to put up with a little bit of BS to gain a lot more in the end. If you want assistance with schooling, fnding work etc... put up with the BS.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

if there is no other treatment that will improve your condition the doctor will likely declare you at maximum medical improvement and your disability benefits will stop.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks again for the info. @Angel I do not want their assistance with anything, i started the schooling, vesid, etc... all on my own,what i don't get is if i'm already enrolled fulltime, why is that not good enough?@1171 I am not currently receiving disability payments, still waiting on my first check...If my Dr. put me on MMI can i than settle, also if put on MMI would i still collect wc? also my lawyer said whatever i wanted to do, how can the IC make someone do something to their-self if they don't want to and suffer a penatly if they don't concurr with them?UNBELIEVABLE

thanks again for the info. @Angel I do not want their assistance with anything, i started the schooling, vesid, etc... all on my own,what i don't get is if i'm already enrolled fulltime, why is that not good enough?@1171 I am not currently receiving disability payments, still waiting on my first check...If my Dr. put me on MMI can i than settle, also if put on MMI would i still collect wc? also my lawyer said whatever i wanted to do, how can the IC make someone do something to their-self if they don't want to and suffer a penatly if they don't concurr with them?UNBELIEVABLE

They cannot "make" you. it's always your option.
they just don't have to pay for it if they are not given a say in your rehabilitation choices.
once you are MMI you can settle.
once you settle you can't collect workers comp.
that's what the settlement does: closes out worker comp benefits.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 3,194 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 36,724 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  feel i'm being forced to retire bella 2 4,324 06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bella
  Really need your input I feel doc unfair. 2008xb 4 4,247 03-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Last Post: 1171
  DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE???? Truckster 24 12,202 01-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Last Post: muttley
  IM NEW AT THIS, I FEEL LOST!!!! marimar 13 6,431 10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Feel like im going to breakdown any minute mel1980 10 7,658 09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Last Post: mel1980
  I feel abused moonmama 14 8,332 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  New to site and feel discouraged Dinah 13 9,554 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Last Post: snowbear
  I feel bad for my friend Guest 3 3,449 04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Guest