Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Reimbursement
Wow you have really been through alot!I am sorry you have had such a rough time and treated so badly.Good luck on your surgery.I hope it goes well and you recover quickly!I also hope that you receive all the money owed to you and all the treatment you need to get your arm better.It nice to see you are not giving up and not letting them get away with not helping you.You are an inspiration to us all! Maybe your new job can be a patient advocate specializing in workers compensation.Something to think about.You would be great at it! Hang in there!! Take care!!
/b][[b]quote='UndercovrAngel' pid='144829' dateline='1339269240']
We must live close to one another. It is about a 2 hour drive for me into the DFW area. The DOR I was seeing for my injury, could not do any treatment for me, as my claim was denied. I was able to continue working from Feb 08 to August 08 before he pulled me out of work due to the injury getting worse because of no treatment.

But I had to go down at least once a month in order to see him so I wouldn't loose my benefits if I eventually won. In August 08, with no job, and no TIB's, it was really fun. The end of the year and through April 09 I was going to see him upwards of 3 times a month, at 292.93 miles round trip, plus trips for the MRI, a DDE, an FCE that all took place in different parts of Arlington, which were even further away. This the large chunk of change due for travel.

I sent in travel claims for Feb. 08 through July 08, August 08 through Dec. 08 and the final one was for Jan. 09 through April 09. I originally filed travel for Feb - July 08 (denied the meals portion as I failed to keep receipts) in Dec 08 and received partial payment in June of 09 after getting my attorney on them before I would settle. I never did receive any mileage after that, and once my attorney received her final payment in August of 09, she fired me as a client, but not before I had sent the mileage to her (all 14 months once again) as well as to the IC to try and get my monies. That is when she fired me and the IC claimed I filed to late for reimbursement.

Now that I am fully aware of my rights as an IW and what I can do to get the IC to make things right for me, as soon as I have healed from a soon to be done surgery on my left arm (non work related) I am filing against the IC again for more (actual treatment of my arm as it has never gotten any better) as well as going to fight them to get the monies owed for all travel (they never paid me for the 6 PT visits they awarded me in March 2010 even though I sent them the claim form the day I completed my last PT visit). I will represent myself through the whole thing instead of hiring an attorney that got more of my money than I did... and see it through a CCH, to a BRC and in front of a judge with depositions if necessary and stick it to the IC in the end if that is what it takes to get something done on my right arm, shoulder to wrist.

Good luck with your claim. I am only a key stroke away if I can be of further help.

Angel ^j^

[/quote]

Actually, I am currently on SSDI, as I am fully disabled (not work comp related). But after listening to friends and others here and elsewhere and their horror stories in trying to get approved for SSDI, I am currently taking courses that will allow me to become an SSDI Advocate and help others file for and attain their benefits as well as assist them with other questions (medicare, ticket to work program, SSI and medicaid) just as an attorney would. The one thing about my services... a heck of a lot cheaper than paying that attorney. I can use this knowledge and either work with an established law firm for a pre-set wage, or open my own business and work right out of my home. And, I am not restricted to helping only those in my general vicinity. I can do it nationwide.. FL to WA, CA to ME and every state in between. If they are denied, I can still assist them with an appeal until all avenues have been exhausted, or until they win their case.

I was one of the lucky ones. I applied due to 3 health issues that turned my life upside down and received help with my attorney fees through long term disability. Who knows how long it might have taken and if I would have been approved with out their help. As it turns out, with the medical records I sent, there were 10 other health issues that helped solidify my permanent disability and I was approved in 71 days from the day I faxed the paperwork to my attorney. I want to be able to do the same, or similar for others.

And the good thing about it.. if my business takes off once trained and certified (1300 to get it up and running with my name added to a nationwide listing of advocates and help with my own advertising and website) I will be able to take advantage myself of the ticket to work program and eventually come off of SSDI and once again become a functioning, contributing member of society once more. Although my health issues will still exist, I can deal with them as needed and still perform my job. That is the one thing I am really looking forward to. Setting my own hours and being able to make appointments on my schedule, not an employers.

But who knows. Maybe if the SSDI advocate job works out .. I will feel good enough to add becoming a WC advocate. Some food for thought at least )
Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

That is awesome!I have read alot of your posts and you have so much helpful information.You are definitely meant to do that line of work.I am so sorry for all you have been through but at least something positive can come out of it.You can now help so many people not only by the courses you take but by experiencing it all firsthand.I believe it will help people relate to you since you have been through the same issues they are having.They will definitely benefit by having you on their side!We need more people like you that care and will stand up to this unfair system!The reason I really want WC to approve this physician in Ft.Worth is because his title is a patient care advocate specilaizing in workers compensation.Him and his staff know how the system works,does everything in their power to make sure the patient receives all necessary treatment and find solutions to all of the issues that WC will throw at them.It's a great feeling knowing someone is on your side and willing to fight for you!Which is exactly how it will be when they have you!

(06-09-2012, 05:21 PM)UndercovrAngel Wrote: Actually, I am currently on SSDI, as I am fully disabled (not work comp related). But after listening to friends and others here and elsewhere and their horror stories in trying to get approved for SSDI, I am currently taking courses that will allow me to become an SSDI Advocate and help others file for and attain their benefits as well as assist them with other questions (medicare, ticket to work program, SSI and medicaid) just as an attorney would. The one thing about my services... a heck of a lot cheaper than paying that attorney. I can use this knowledge and either work with an established law firm for a pre-set wage, or open my own business and work right out of my home. And, I am not restricted to helping only those in my general vicinity. I can do it nationwide.. FL to WA, CA to ME and every state in between. If they are denied, I can still assist them with an appeal until all avenues have been exhausted, or until they win their case.

I was one of the lucky ones. I applied due to 3 health issues that turned my life upside down and received help with my attorney fees through long term disability. Who knows how long it might have taken and if I would have been approved with out their help. As it turns out, with the medical records I sent, there were 10 other health issues that helped solidify my permanent disability and I was approved in 71 days from the day I faxed the paperwork to my attorney. I want to be able to do
[/b]the same, or similar for others.

And the good thing about it.. if my business takes off once trained and certified (1300 to get it up and running with my name added to a nationwide listing of advocates and help with my own advertising and website) I will be able to take advantage myself of the ticket to work program and eventually come off of SSDI and once again become a functioning, contributing member of society once more. Although my health issues will still exist, I can deal with them as needed and still perform my job. That is the one thing I am really looking forward to. Setting my own hours and being able to make appointments on my schedule, not an employers.

But who knows. Maybe if the SSDI advocate job works out .. I will feel good enough to add becoming a WC advocate. Some food for thought at least )
Angel ^j^ [/color][/size]

Sounds like I need to look into this reimbursement... I've been to the Dr several times not to mention almost 2 months of PT...

Thanks for this info...

How far are you having to travel?Have you kept all of your receipts?I pray that everything works out for you also.At least there is still hope that your injections will still work since other members stated that it takes awhile before you get the full effect from them.
(06-11-2012, 08:08 PM)hurt back Wrote: Sounds like I need to look into this reimbursement... I've been to the Dr several times not to mention almost 2 months of PT...

Thanks for this info...

Hurtback,

The same applies for the state of TN. You can be reimbursed for round trip travel, as long as it is 15 miles or more from your home, or place of employment. It is paid out the same as a state employee who uses their personal car for state business. You would have to look that up on the state page. And it would have to be for the times you actually traveled. So if there was a rate change somewhere along the line, that is what you would be paid.

However, I wasn't able to find out if there is a statute of limitations on ssubmission of travel reimbursement claims.

I hope this helps some.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

@brneye - I was traveling from my house to 1st dr. ( 45 min. 1 way ) now the second Dr. is ( 1 hr 1 way ), all my PT my 1st Dr got kinda local, a/b 20 min. away.

I'm going to ask my atty a/b this the next time I converse with him.

@ undercoverangel - Thanks for the info as well!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roadcash app for my travel reimbursement? Cdehrlic 3 2,321 08-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA-Medical Mileage Reimbursement SickOfTheProcess 10 13,779 02-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Travel Expenses for IME JPR 5 5,202 08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: JPR
  Prescription reimbursement (Illinois) bryant 2 4,927 09-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Reimbursement for Milage in Illinois? chicagoHdiscs 4 9,214 09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Question WC "newbie" - ?s re out-of-state travel Ladyslipper 13 9,683 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Ladyslipper
  CA - Time Limits on Medical Mileage Reimbursement MrsMitch 6 15,776 08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  Getting treatment and milage reimbursement Sue from AZ 4 5,392 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Mileage reimbursement nanci0315 3 14,566 07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Last Post: nanci0315
  Mileage reimbursement in Mass. satkinson 11 14,154 06-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Last Post: MJC