Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement Question
Injured in Sept. 2010, considered a high wage earner by the IC. We have been in settlement talks, they offered one amount, I came back with a much larger number. The adjuster said that the managers wanted to see my Income tax returns. Can they do that? Isn't all that information personal, especially since my spouses info is included on that?
If anyone has any feedback on that I would greatly appreciate it. I have no lawyer, didn't feel the need because I haven't had any real problems. Thank you for listening! (I am in Louisiana)

it is not illegal for someone to ask to see your income tax return.
it is not illegal for you to allow someone to see your tax return.
it is not illegal for someone to see your tax return.
your tax return goes thru many many hands --- and eyes -- at both the state and federal level when it's processed.

privacy issues only arise when it's shared without authorization--
in this case they asked first.

settlement negotiations are optional--you do not need to participate or accept.
the choices to share or negotiate are yours.

what do they want it for?
there might be other sources you can provide i.e w-2s...

if you want to be difficult ask the carrier to share theirs.
the worst that can happen is negotiations stall.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you 1171 for the information. I intend on offering them my W-2's. The adjuster that I have said he did not know why they wanted them, that he had never experience them asking for tax returns before. Said he had been doing this 9 years and that was a 1st for him. I am feeling really blessed after some of the posts that I have read and the nightmare some of the posters have gone thru. Again, thank you!

Thank you 1171 for the information. I intend on offering them my W-2's. The adjuster that I have said he did not know why they wanted them, that he had never experience them asking for tax returns before. Said he had been doing this 9 years and that was a 1st for him. I am feeling really blessed after some of the posts that I have read and the nightmare some of the posters have gone thru. Again, thank you!

(06-02-2012, 07:08 PM)slmal924 Wrote: Thank you 1171 for the information. I intend on offering them my W-2's. The adjuster that I have said he did not know why they wanted them, that he had never experience them asking for tax returns before. Said he had been doing this 9 years and that was a 1st for him. I am feeling really blessed after some of the posts that I have read and the nightmare some of the posters have gone thru. Again, thank you!

even if you give it to them there is no guarentee you'll get a reasonable counter offer.
you may need to schedule a hearing to move things along.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I would like to know if my settlement. Is separate with my medical feed and legal. Feed. Or all together with my settlement and how much is my settlement
I would. Like to know what's. Is my settlement

(06-09-2012, 08:34 AM)Archipearson 36 Wrote: I would like to know if my settlement. Is separate with my medical feed and legal. Feed. Or all together with my settlement and how much is my settlement
I would. Like to know what's. Is my settlement

this is not your thread. it confuses readers when you hijack an existing post.

start a new thread with a new post.
read a few other posst first to see how to do it and what to ask and how to ask it.
you'll see we need your state if you want specific information.
you'll also see that we cannot predict what a settlement will be-- we can only supply general information about your situation.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What. Can i do to get my lumps sum of money from my back injury from work
What. Can i do to get my lumps sum of money from my back injury from work. From all my benefits

HI NEW HERE....WORK COMP OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT OF !50K...BUT MY ATTONERY IS TELLING ME THAT 27K HAS TO BE TAKEN OUT FOR MEDICARE SET A SIDE.( OUT OF THE 150K COMES OUT THE 27)..IS THIS TRUE..I THOUGHT THAT THE 27 WAS A SEPARETE THING FROM MY SETTELMENT MONEY..DOCTOR TOLE ME NOTHING CAN BE DONE MORE WITH MY BACK..EXCEPT TAKING PAIN MEDS...THANKS..

(07-03-2013, 02:20 PM)sweetbabyarika Wrote: HI NEW HERE....WORK COMP OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT OF !50K...BUT MY ATTONERY IS TELLING ME THAT 27K HAS TO BE TAKEN OUT FOR MEDICARE SET A SIDE.( OUT OF THE 150K COMES OUT THE 27)..IS THIS TRUE..I THOUGHT THAT THE 27 WAS A SEPARETE THING FROM MY SETTELMENT MONEY..DOCTOR TOLE ME NOTHING CAN BE DONE MORE WITH MY BACK..EXCEPT TAKING PAIN MEDS...THANKS..

you are not new-this is your third post.
this is the second person's thread you've hijacked!

if you wish to ask a question, start a new thread:
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4

each state has different rules so include your state.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illinois Settlement question Ayurved14 1 42 10-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA - Settlement question(s) mikeetoe 1 311 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 409 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question josh1985 36 7,668 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 3,175 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  Settlement Question? confusedinjured1020 4 4,615 10-31-2014, 05:09 PM
  settlement question daverg 4 4,305 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Settlement Question Please Help!! ajenyksr 4 4,132 07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Nevada settlement offer question dansmulti 0 6,111 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Last Post: dansmulti
Question Settlement Question? lizdawiz82 1 3,661 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM