Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whether you agree with the article or not, EVERYONE should watch the video in it
I would think there is a solution out there to help injured workers return to work.

I plan on doing research and will let you know if I come up with anything.

Anyone on SSDI will at one point be reviewed by SSA to see if they feel you are still disabled. If your injury has improved to a point you can work, You will lose your SSDI benefits.

There are many options with the SSA Ticket to work program. If you participate in this, Your Medicare will not be cutoff instantaneously.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10060.html#a0=0

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/work/recei...efits.html

Lucky I have not been reviewed by SSA but expect to be in the next couple of years.

I have mutiple injuries like many of this forum.

The Voc Rehab job person my attorney sent me to gave no hope of returning to work but I would like to at least try to.

I need at least two surgeries on my hands before I can return to work. Right now I have limited use of my hands but the doctors give hope that this can be corrected.

I have talked to a rep of the ticket to work program and have been told I would keep the medicare for a limited number of months after returning to work then I would loose the medicare.

Thank you for the links.

(05-31-2012, 11:09 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Lucky I have not been reviewed by SSA but expect to be in the next couple of years.

The Voc Rehab job person my attorney sent me to gave no hope of returning to work but I would like to at least try to.

I need at least two surgeries on my hands before I can return to work. Right now I have limited use of my hands but the doctors give hope that this can be corrected.

I have talked to a rep of the ticket to work program and have been told I would keep the medicare for a limited number of months after returning to work then I would loose the medicare.

Thank you for the links.

I might be reviewed today by SSA but 6 years after being approved for SSDI I have yet to be reviewed. I know I will "soon" because the longest window from what I read on the Internet is 7 years.

This is from the ssa.gov website

How often will my medical condition be reviewed?

The frequency of reviews depends on the nature and severity of your medical condition and whether it is expected to improve.

If improvement is expected, your first review generally will be six to 18 months after the date you became disabled.
If improvement is possible, but cannot be predicted, your case will be reviewed about once every three years.
If improvement is not expected, your case will be reviewed once every seven years.

Lucky I was approved for SSDI in 2007 with a back date of six months.

According to the letter I received by SSA I would be reviewed in 3 years and that has yet to happen.

My sister was reviewd last year, she was approved for SSDI in 2003 and her view was to be 7 years. Same as with a friend of mine an injured prison guard, his review was 9 years after he was approved for SSDI.

I was approved April 2006 with 22 months back pay. I was 48 when approved. My rewards letter said a review would happen in 3 years.

I am now 54 and want to think they have not reviewed me because I am now over 50 which is a game changer with SSDI.

This is from SSA.gov website:

How does SSA consider age ?

We consider your chronological age in combination with your residual functional capacity, education, and work experience. We will not consider your ability to adjust to other work on the basis of your age alone. In determining the extent to which age affects your ability to adjust to other work, we consider advancing age to be an increasingly limiting factor in your ability to make an adjustment to other work.

If you are a younger person (under age 50), we generally do not consider that your age will seriously affect your ability to adjust to other work. However, in some circumstances, we consider that persons aged 45-49 are more limited in their ability to adjust to other work than persons who have not attained age 45.

If you are closely approaching advanced age (age 50-54), we will consider that your age along with a severe impairment and limited work experience may seriously affect your ability to adjust to other work.

We consider that at advanced age (age 55 or older) age significantly affects your ability to adjust to other work. We have special rules for persons in this category who are closely approaching retirement age (age 60 and above).

(05-31-2012, 11:09 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Lucky I have not been reviewed by SSA but expect to be in the next couple of years.

Thank you for the links.

BK, you are correct. If memory serves me. It is 9 months.

To explain, 9 months after employment. The medicare benifits will end. I will also add, those that are thinking about using the ticket to work program need to be vigilant in thier research. There are a great deal of differences between services provided by different vendors of the program.

Monster, whats up my blue fury cookie Monster????? Is the washing machine working?????

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I recently began working/training through a website/company called Disability Digest, and soon will be getting the software program I need in order to become a licensed SSDI advocate who will help people file for and attain SSDI benefits just like an attorney would. There are a lot of issues that one is not told about when they use the Ticket to Work program that can keep them receiving SSDI benefits for longer than 9 months and also, make it easier for them to return to the SSDI if they fail to maintain employment due to their disabilities after they have been taken off of SSDI.

Here is a big one for those of you who currently recieve Medicare and don't know what you will do once you no longer receive SSDI monies.

If your Social Security disability benefits stop because of your earnings, but you are still disabled, your free Medicare Part A coverage will continue for at least 93 months after the nine-month trial work period. After that, you can buy Medicare Part A coverage by paying a monthly premium. If you have Medicare Part B coverage, you must continue to pay the premium. If you want to end your Part B coverage, you must request it in writing.

Another benefit may keep you on benefits longer: Work expenses related to your disability—If you work, you may have to pay for certain items and services that people without disabilities do not pay for. For example, because of your medical condition, you may need to take a taxi to work, instead of public transportation, or pay for counseling services. We may be able to deduct these expenses from your monthly earnings before we determine if you are still eligible for benefits.

Below is the direct SSA link that this information, as well as much, much more comes from. I am no longer afraid of adding to my stipend that I get from SSDI, as I know how much I can earn, expenses I can claim to keep my earnings down even lower, that even if I loose my benefits.. I can easily get back on SSDI if I find out later (or my health deteriorates even more) without having to go through the entire application process again.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10095.html#a0=2

Sometimes, it pays in more than one way to open an email that one normally would have thrown away thinking it was junk Smile

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

UA I use to be an advocate for families applying for SSI for their children. As a result of the Zebley Decision a number of parents with special needs children recieved trainning by Social Security Administration and US Department of Justice.

Our role was to visit with the family, assist families thru the application process by providing inforation they would need in the application process and complete an intake form. After one year on the program families would be required to complete a yearly report for SSA, I also assited families with the report. My role was to meet with the Director of the local office and keep an ongoing communication per the families I worked with.

I was a volunteer but recieved funding for my expenses.

(06-02-2012, 10:33 AM)UndercovrAngel Wrote: I recently began working/training through a website/company called Disability Digest, and soon will be getting the software program I need in order to become a licensed SSDI advocate who will help people file for and attain SSDI benefits just like an attorney would. There are a lot of issues that one is not told about when they use the Ticket to Work program that can keep them receiving SSDI benefits for longer than 9 months and also, make it easier for them to return to the SSDI if they fail to maintain employment due to their disabilities after they have been taken off of SSDI.

Here is a big one for those of you who currently recieve Medicare and don't know what you will do once you no longer receive SSDI monies.

If your Social Security disability benefits stop because of your earnings, but you are still disabled, your free Medicare Part A coverage will continue for at least 93 months after the nine-month trial work period. After that, you can buy Medicare Part A coverage by paying a monthly premium. If you have Medicare Part B coverage, you must continue to pay the premium. If you want to end your Part B coverage, you must request it in writing.

Another benefit may keep you on benefits longer: Work expenses related to your disability—If you work, you may have to pay for certain items and services that people without disabilities do not pay for. For example, because of your medical condition, you may need to take a taxi to work, instead of public transportation, or pay for counseling services. We may be able to deduct these expenses from your monthly earnings before we determine if you are still eligible for benefits.

Below is the direct SSA link that this information, as well as much, much more comes from. I am no longer afraid of adding to my stipend that I get from SSDI, as I know how much I can earn, expenses I can claim to keep my earnings down even lower, that even if I loose my benefits.. I can easily get back on SSDI if I find out later (or my health deteriorates even more) without having to go through the entire application process again.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10095.html#a0=2

Sometimes, it pays in more than one way to open an email that one normally would have thrown away thinking it was junk Smile

Angel ^j^

I went through hell getting my SSDI benefits and it scares the hell out of me to think they would at some point have to reevaluate me when their docs said I was fine Sad I want to try and work but it's scary as hell. Now I have severe tendonitis in the right shoulder and swelling in my right bicep, my right hand is numb and tendonitis in the elbow on top of all the other work injuries.

My faith in the system just isn't what it should be I guess. I'm going to send you a pm girl. Maybe you could take a look and tell me what you think when you get a chance please. Thanks Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watch out for medical provider fraud California injured workers California_Help 0 2,476 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,268 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,902 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
  Newspaper Article........ Scooter123 2 2,911 10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  watch this its good...1171 dont bother jayne 0 1,793 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: jayne
  video taped to use against former co-worker bodybuilder1958 14 7,610 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Milo
  SSDI Disability article Bummer Knees 1 1,722 10-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  memorial day/video interview with my cousin sonny1 1 2,305 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AQA
  awesome video jayne 1 2,751 11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jade
  Golfer or not, you should watch this 5 year old prodigy. What a story. admin 5 5,047 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Last Post: jimmyo1