Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whether you agree with the article or not, EVERYONE should watch the video in it
http://www.workerscompensation.com/compn...about.html

It is an impressive story.

What a Awesome Testimony of Will. My story is somewhat similar but I was not as bad off physically as he was. I could walk without assistance but I was 90 lbs overweight and basically did not give a sh*t. I was depressed and had many pity paty oh my days.

In March 2010, 7 years after my Life changing Back injury,I decided to change my Life inwardly and outwardly; My wife got on board with me and I had lost 90 lbs by Dec. 2010; She lost 60 lbs,

I started walking to the mailbox and back; Then I started Yoga. I can now walk 4 miles 4X a week and after 17 months, my weight is still off due to exercise and a healthy life style.

Being overweight compounds a back injury. Being severely over weight puts a big time stress on the back.

I would have never believed I could have done it! My Life is still filled with pain but I believe in myself and understand one should never sell themselves short of there capabilities.

Lose the weight; Exercise and try Yoga.

What a inspirational video!

NEVER SAY NEVER

Thank You.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Thanks Admin its not till we stop the pity party and take back the contrl of our own life that we truly start to heal....we all do it a different way.I walk walk walk and refuse to be medicated 24/7 some have to right now I dont....thanks for the story it was a gem
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Very nice Admin, great inspiration... For some it works out well and thats awsome...

WOW, thank you for the inspirational story! I'm not really overweight (well maybe 10 lbs so not to bad lol). However I am forcing myself to get out and do things that although making me hurt much worse physically is helping me tremendously in a mental aspect. Depression does add to the pain and by doing my best to stay busy the depression has lessened considerably. I'm not going to tell y'all that I don't climb into my recliner a lot of nights crying from pain cause I do but I'd rather have tears streaming from pain than depression...hopefully that mskes sense to y'all. I can withstand a lot more pain when I'm doing well mentally though.

Thank you for posting this admin, it was a real inspiration Smile

This is a story that gives me hope as an injured worker.

It is so easy to get trampled emotionally with the way the system is.

The doctors tell me I cannot work and the vocational rehab counselor tells me I am too old to retrain. But I was raised to be an independent person.

The first step for me returning to work is having the hand surgery’s to regain use of my hands. The first surgery on the left hand is scheduled for July, when finished with the left hand in a few months later the doctor will start on the right hand.

My plan is to take a couple of accounting classes online to update my skills. I still receive free tuition thru the local college thru my employer. Most accounting in the work place is done by computer, something I will be able to do after surgery. With the help of Voc Rehab thru the ticket to work program I hope to find a job.

Now for the trampled part, returning to work I will lose Medicare and have no medical coverage on the knee which was replaced. I have a MSA of $4,600. which won't go far. I hope to figure this part out so I can return to work.

WC is a mentally stressful environment; I felt like there was no ending to my settlement. In the 9 years, I gained weight, I was discouraged and had anxiety attacks. There were so many up and downs. Financially was not my issue; My issue was dealing with a Lifetime injury that I basically caused.

One day in March 2010 I told my wife something has to give. I took control with the wife by my side and fought through the pain and the oh me oh my pity paty parties.

Never say never. I have had people on this forum question my disability because I lost weight, Overcame the mind game of feeling sorry for myself and starting walking; That's okay because I was delivered from mind players years ago. I believe in myself and my family needs me; They do not need a whiner; They need a Husband, A Daddy and a Grand Daddy.

Never say Never; A lot of our Limitations are were we set it. Believe in yourself and you will discover what you are capable of with a little work.

How many can actually say they are worse off than this man was? I cannot.

Lucky it was due to your willpower and inner strength along with the support of your family that you were able to loose that weight. Something not easy to do!

For the man in the video, all I can say is WOW! Talk about determination and inner strength!!!

In order to return to work I have to find some type of medical coverage for the knee with the replacement as I will loose the Medicare coverage once I return to work. Problem is this is not a healthy knee and at some point I will need additional treatment on that knee.

(05-30-2012, 05:59 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Lucky it was due to your willpower and inner strength along with the support of your family that you were able to loose that weight. Something not easy to do!

For the man in the video, all I can say is WOW! Talk about determination and inner strength!!!

In order to return to work I have to find some type of medical coverage for the knee with the replacement as I will loose the Medicare coverage once I return to work. Problem is this is not a healthy knee and at some point I will need additional treatment on that knee.

That's my dilemna BK. I have so many body parts that are injured. I'm willing to try but if I lose the medicare I don;t know what I will do Sad Maybe I just don't understand the system Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watch out for medical provider fraud California injured workers California_Help 0 2,413 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,265 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,902 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
  Newspaper Article........ Scooter123 2 2,906 10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  watch this its good...1171 dont bother jayne 0 1,788 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: jayne
  video taped to use against former co-worker bodybuilder1958 14 7,597 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Milo
  SSDI Disability article Bummer Knees 1 1,721 10-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  memorial day/video interview with my cousin sonny1 1 2,304 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AQA
  awesome video jayne 1 2,747 11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jade
  Golfer or not, you should watch this 5 year old prodigy. What a story. admin 5 5,041 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Last Post: jimmyo1