Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change of Meds
The Dr changed one of my meds last appointment. Which was first of April...for the past 3 weeks or so... I have had a lot of different and more intense symptoms.....I wrote all this down and was researchng them all the other day.... symptoms all point to Fibromyalgia....then I got a copy of new medicine side effects.......just about all the symptoms that pointed towards Fibro were also listed on the medicine side efects....I stopped the meds to see if it was caused by the meds or the Fibro.... 4 hours after the last pill I took the symptoms started to improve...Now was the change caused from the discontiuned med or has it been a Fibro flare up...or did the new med kick start the FIbro....I have now not taken the new med for like 3 days now....I still have light Fibro symptoms, but they are not like a flare up that I have been goin throught the past weeks.... hours ago I took one of the pills that he changed me to and will see if the symptoms come back...if they do I will call the dr and tell him I can not take the new med...and see if i can go back to what i was takeing before.... Also in March like the middle of the month or 2 weeks before the med change he also had me discontinue a med....so did this also cause some of the changes ,,,,What is everyones thoughts on this....subject.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I will suggest that you write everything down and talk to your dr. about it.

It sounds like you are trying to be your own dr..

Drs. can not write prescriptions for themselves. Their symptoms have to be evaluated by another dr. and the evaluating dr. has to write the prescription.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA I have them writtern down, to discuss with DR on out next visit...
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Great.

I have found myself in your shoes and that is what I am doing. I have been fighting some typy of allergy that has been effected my breathing as well the regular allergy symptoms. It feels like the flu without the fever and the added breathing difficulty.

I found myself trying to self diagnos and then it dawned on me. That was a waist of time and money (buying over the counter meds).
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

you know your body better than anyone write it all down....call your Dr and talk to him
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change of meds tpm 23 8,926 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy