Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meds changed
We had a big inground pool when the kids were young. It was expensive and a lot of work. Chemicals, opening it in summer, closing it for winter, refinished slide and diving board....small fortune. More often than not, it was cloudy or raining when I had a day off to enjoy it. I said I would never have another one but things change. I think he needs one. If we can't afford it this year I'm sure we'll have one next year for him.

Chemicals are a huge expense for pools,i got a salt water system that makes its own chlorine. Once you get it set i put 2 bags of salt($4-$8 each) 2 times a year,south florida it runs all year.very easy to maintain.it cost me $1200 installed when i didnt have time to do it myself.as jayne said at $500 a year for chemicals,im assuming seasonally,you can see how fast youll save money,especially seasonally.one of the best investments ive made.we have storms during summer that drop 3-5 inches every afternoon.buying chlorine to keep up would be rediculously expensive.i tell everyone to get one.

(05-15-2012, 11:15 PM)jayne Wrote: ours is a 33 ft round with what they call wedding cake steps inside the pool and a small deck outside it is 52 inches deep but really only 48 when you factor in everything.....I love it but if I had to do it over I believe I would get a smaller one simply because its a bear to keep clean and chemical costs each year...you have a lot of friends that want to swim but not to many that want to help pay the chemical costs.walmart chemicals just dont cut it it.....we spend over 500 a year on chemicals a year

Walmart chemicals are fine for the size pools they sell depending on weather conditions.. Parents get all there chemicals from the pool people, start up costs the most they spend on an average of 4 to 500 per year... Cleaning it is a pain but they got a creaper that cruises the bottom by itself but it still needs a little help.. I must say if you go that route invest in a higher quality liner, they had to replace thiers after 5 years.. But it didnt help when one of the grand kids stuck a pole in it and tried to jump over it.....lol..

Once were out of this hole were in financialy that is the first thing we are getting and it will go off our back deck with a gate and the sides fenced in per ins reasons and of course Dominick....

We buy our pool chemicals at a pool supply store, the results are better with less maintance. We use to buy chemicals from Wal Mart but the quality of the chemicals are low and require a lot more work to care for the pool.

We also leave the pump running 24/7, hubby finds the pool is cleaner and requires less maintance with doing this. We have to vacumes, the broom type, and a robot vacume.
Our pool decking is made from vinyl decking material, one of the products we carry thru our wholesale company. The vinyl decking never needs painted, we wash it one a year with a power washer.

(05-17-2012, 08:09 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: We buy our pool chemicals at a pool supply store, the results are better with less maintance. We use to buy chemicals from Wal Mart but the quality of the chemicals are low and require a lot more work to care for the pool.

We also leave the pump running 24/7, hubby finds the pool is cleaner and requires less maintance with doing this. We have to vacumes, the broom type, and a robot vacume.
Our pool decking is made from vinyl decking material, one of the products we carry thru our wholesale company. The vinyl decking never needs painted, we wash it one a year with a power washer.

Bummer, we thought of going with vinyl but were worried it would have been slipery.... Is this the case...?

Our is not slippery, it has a texture to it. Vinyl decking is very expensive, we were only able to afford it because we wholesale the product.

There is a wood decking which looks and wears like vinyl decking, and much cheaper. I believe the wood decking also has a texture to it.

Course I have to say the vinyl decking is a better product.

I also find using walmart chem more costly in the long run and it just doesnt do the job.....and Bronco her decking is beautiful
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(05-18-2012, 09:27 AM)jayne Wrote: I also find using walmart chem more costly in the long run and it just doesnt do the job.....and Bronco her decking is beautiful

I agree, and my thought of the decking is this, by the time you buy treated wood decking, stain it and stain it for over a period of even 5 years the costs involved in materials and then the agravation of doing the staining your self it would be well worth the vinyl decking costs..

Our back deck was actually paid for by wc, there was no way to get a wheelchair through the fron door because of the stairs going to the basement... The fee the construction company was aproved for was 2,200 and this was in Jan they had to remove snow and ice about 50 ft so needless to say the back deck is 6ft by 16 ft then the ramp heading to the driveway which was still 15 ft short... I cant complain because I still use the ramp often because stairs and I dont mix.. But when I get out of this rut were in it will be all redone and attatched around the pool...........I will keeep dreaming for now...lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster changed PTP from Neuro to Ortho for Brain Injury. Billy Miller 6 1,867 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 2,692 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Employer changed my time Scott2016 6 3,235 01-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Scott2016
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 2,427 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question FCE changed to accomidate new job offer? ammowoman 0 2,252 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  Pa workers comp changed surgery date mikeyb1968 14 16,251 12-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: mikeyb1968
  laws changed orange 1 3,442 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Changed to stressfull job greenp 1 2,236 10-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Last Post: 1171
  surgeon changed his mind snuffy66 16 9,187 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Last Post: sparkey