Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settled section 32 but have a question
I settled my claim with a section 32 in New York State. The judge has approved this.

I was told there is a 10 day period for myself and the IC before its 100%

My question is, Are they still going to be following me during this 10 day time period ? As of my court date of approval I will no longer be collecting WC and all Medical care has stopped on that date.

Seems they would no longer have interest in me since they no longer cover me, but it seems like some one is still following me, I am not positive but I think so.

Thank You for any Help

(05-06-2012, 04:52 PM)Inpian Wrote: I settled my claim with a section 32 in New York State. The judge has approved this.

I was told there is a 10 day period for myself and the IC before its 100%

My question is, Are they still going to be following me during this 10 day time period ? As of my court date of approval I will no longer be collecting WC and all Medical care has stopped on that date.

Seems they would no longer have interest in me since they no longer cover me, but it seems like some one is still following me, I am not positive but I think so.

Thank You for any Help

I have a section 32 hearing this month and my attorney told me that once the check clears that they will stop watching me, he also told me that if i was able to go back to work to wait until the check clears, he said they don't have a reason to follow or watch me anymore. how long did it take for you to get your check
I have a section 32 hearing this month and my attorney told me that once the check clears that they will stop watching me, he also told me that if i was able to go back to work to wait until the check clears, he said they don't have a reason to follow or watch me anymore. how long did it take for you to get your check

I just had my hearing last week and it was approved by the judge, There is a 10 day wait period that follows that, Then they send you the check after that’s up.

My question is " during that 10 day period " after the hearing approval, will they still be watching and following me.

I have to say, its a relief to be out of this BS workers comp world nightmare we get stuck in but on the other hand my future doesn’t look so bright with my health.

Thanks

(05-06-2012, 05:30 PM)Inpian Wrote: I just had my hearing last week and it was approved by the judge, There is a 10 day wait period that follows that, Then they send you the check after that’s up.

My question is " during that 10 day period " after the hearing approval, will they still be watching and following me.

I have to say, its a relief to be out of this BS workers comp world nightmare we get stuck in but on the other hand my future doesn’t look so bright with my health.

Thanks

my attorney told me that they can still watch you during the 10 day waiting period because either party can change their mind, so don't do anything outside you restrictions until you cash the check or the check clears. you don't want to blow your claim. I am so paranoid because they have been watching me on and off the whole 3 yrs i have been on w/c. I will be glad to get rid of them
my attorney told me that they can still watch you during the 10 day waiting period because either party can change their mind, so don't do anything outside you restrictions until you cash the check or the check clears. you don't want to blow your claim. I am so paranoid because they have been watching me on and off the whole 3 yrs i have been on w/c. I will be glad to get rid of them

Thanks for that Info, I know they were still watching me, They were at my hearing also, Inside the building and outside, The PI was filming me with spy sunglasses in his shirt pocket and taking pics of me with his cell phone sitting in the waiting room of the court ! so keep an eye open when you go to yours, They followed me home to !

Another question is do they count those 10 days as business days or calendar days ? Good luck to you !

Thanks

Thanks for that Info, I know they were still watching me, They were at my hearing also, Inside the building and outside, The PI was filming me with spy sunglasses in his shirt pocket and taking pics of me with his cell phone sitting in the waiting room of the court ! so keep an eye open when you go to yours, They followed me home to !

Another question is do they count those 10 days as business days or calendar days ? Good luck to you !

Thanks

there is no time limit on fraud.
if they can show you are not as disabled as you got the $$ for, they can still file against you.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-06-2012, 06:22 PM)Inpian Wrote: Thanks for that Info, I know they were still watching me, They were at my hearing also, Inside the building and outside, The PI was filming me with spy sunglasses in his shirt pocket and taking pics of me with his cell phone sitting in the waiting room of the court ! so keep an eye open when you go to yours, They followed me home to !

Thanks

It is 10 bussiness days, and not to include week-ends and holidays, thats what my attorney is saying. My hearing is in the morning so i just plan on comming home for the day and just staying in my house because I know that a P.I. will be following me. I don't do anything anyways because i have a real bad back, I don't plan on leaving the house until after my check clears because i don't want to be followed and have pictures taken of me. If i see some one following me or sitting around my house i am going to call the police.
It is 10 bussiness days, and not to include week-ends and holidays, thats what my attorney is saying. My hearing is in the morning so i just plan on comming home for the day and just staying in my house because I know that a P.I. will be following me. I don't do anything anyways because i have a real bad back, I don't plan on leaving the house until after my check clears because i don't want to be followed and have pictures taken of me. If i see some one following me or sitting around my house i am going to call the police.

(05-06-2012, 08:22 PM)1171 Wrote: there is no time limit on fraud.
if they can show you are not as disabled as you got the $$ for, they can still file against you.

My medical records stack up about a foot high......No fraud here....Just want to know when they will stop following me....

Please people unless you lied about your injury you have nothing to fear.As long as you stay within your restrictions noone will bother you.spy glasses?really? unless you have a very expensive case you are being paranoid.PIs cost a mint base pay plus expenses are you really worth that? only if someone calls the IC and tells them you were lying so you got a neighbor or co-worker that hates you? yes they will watch you on court day but after that not unless you have given them cause
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 661 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Last Post: 1171
  17 years and still not settled tombstonekid 13 11,315 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  NY Section 32 sonny1 5 8,162 08-25-2015, 06:00 PM
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 10,930 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
  California state disability notice of determination section 2629 kylecalifornia 4 13,392 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  nys section 32 norma 8 15,145 08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Last Post: norma
  settled!! inpainokla 18 15,157 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Case Settled rebel_1961 17 16,099 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Last Post: rebel_1961
  Settled capricorn 16 11,022 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Section 32 questions kitty 8 6,174 03-13-2008, 01:32 PM