Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help!!
I live in Ca and I fell at work on 12/1/11 and injured both my knees (torn meniscus ) as well as hurting my lower back, well WC excepted my claim I went to the Dr my job sent me to... make a long story short Dr had xrays and MRI done and that is how we found out what was going on with my knees, Dr requested PT and then had me go and see a surgeon, well I commute so the surgeon that I chose from which was in the MPN list the WC adj gave me was close to my home, well he saw the MRI and right away requested anthroscopic surgery, well it finally got approved and I had surgery on R. knee yesterday,well he is telling me that I can do all of my normal activities and that I can drive all these things! my knee is killing me I still have the stitches and my knee is still really swollen, he just did the surgery yesterday, I can hardly bend my knee without wanting to scream..I told him how I felt and I also let him know that I drive a stick shift there is NO WAY I can drive Sad I can barely stand up on the leg for too long and when I do I am dragging it basically... but he told me I will be fine, I asked him about PT he said no it is not needed..he did not mention any post op knee exercises for me to do at home nothing, he just told me to come back next week to get the stitches out..I am really starting to feel like he is trying to rush me back to doing things I just can't do.. so now I am thinking that since he is in the MPN list that the WC had me choose from means that he would lean more towards their side than mine does he really work for them WC???he is trying to say I am fine now when I am not I am in so much pain I hope what I am asking makes sense?? sorry so long
Thanks

What did the doctor find when he did surgery? If your knee is okay and has not damage I can understand you being released to return to work without restrictions.

yes the MPN allows carriers & employers to control treatment.
they are not your doctors, they are the employer/carrier doctors.
you can change doctors within the MPN at any time.

everyone responds to pain differently; it is subjective and disability is based on injury and function not personal pain levels.

you can also request a second opinion.

more on MPN rules here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/mpn/dwc_mpn_faq.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-01-2012, 07:14 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: What did the doctor find when he did surgery? If your knee is okay and has not damage I can understand you being released to return to work without restrictions.

Bummer knees:
Thanks Smile
at first he said I needed a total knee replacement but that I was too young, so he was going to go in and repair the tears and clean my knee up and that is what he did
(05-01-2012, 07:19 PM)1171 Wrote: yes the MPN allows carriers & employers to control treatment.
they are not your doctors, they are the employer/carrier doctors.
you can change doctors within the MPN at any time.

everyone responds to pain differently; it is subjective and disability is based on injury and function not personal pain levels.

you can also request a second opinion.

more on MPN rules here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/mpn/dwc_mpn_faq.html

1171 Smile
I will check out the that link, thanks so much

If you need a total knee replacement age should have nothing to do with it. Some doctors use the "your to young" for an excuse not to do the replacement but when the knee is bad it's bad and there is no changing it. Being young is not going to fix your knee when you need a replacement.

The doctor's going in and cleaning up the knee is only a temporary fix, and at some point you will again have problems with that knee.

If you do not have a work comp attorney you need to start looking for one now. The wc insurance companys do not like to pay for knee replacements and your treating doctor know this, that is why you need an attorney.

(05-01-2012, 08:36 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: If you need a total knee replacement age should have nothing to do with it. Some doctors use the "your to young" for an excuse not to do the replacement but when the knee is bad it's bad and there is no changing it. Being young is not going to fix your knee when you need a replacement.

The doctor's going in and cleaning up the knee is only a temporary fix, and at some point you will again have problems with that knee.

If you do not have a work comp attorney you need to start looking for one now. The wc insurance companys do not like to pay for knee replacements and your treating doctor know this, that is why you need an attorney.

Bummer Knees
you are kidding me!!! OMG this whole time he has been acting like he hates WC all he does during my visits is talk really bad and complain about WC and how they drag their feet etc. and this whole time he knew that my age didn't matter he had me sold about being too young wow, I am amazed actually I need total knee replacement on both knees due to my work injury..ok I will try and get an attorney ASAP!
Thank you so much for your help Big Grin

Your Welcome.

Google total knee replacement and do some research, learn about the different types of implants, and communicate with others who have had a total knee replacement.

I speak from experience. I was injured 2005, working as an early childhood teacher. The meniscus surgery was 5 months later. I was told when I was first injured I needed a total knee replacement but it took 3 years of legal battles before I had the replacement. The altered gait impacted the other knee causing an overuse injruy. Had surgery on the other knee 2007, now I need a replacement on that knee.

THe 2nd replacement will be my 5th knee surgery.

Good luck!

You sure did pick an accurate screen name Bummer Knees!
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

Guess I did!

(05-01-2012, 08:36 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: If you need a total knee replacement age should have nothing to do with it. Some doctors use the "your to young" for an excuse not to do the replacement but when the knee is bad it's bad and there is no changing it. Being young is not going to fix your knee when you need a replacement.

YES age is very relevant as TKR do not last long. If you are very active your TKR will wear out very quickly. I have needed a TKR for quite some time but I would wear it out within 5 years. Age is very very relevant.