Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips and tricks to do normal things while in pain..
Smile 
Anyone got any tips or tricks on how to do normal things when you are in pain? Like house hold chores and personal care?

Probably TMI but shaving my legs kills me! I'm thinking of tying the razor to a stick.. And laundry, ugh! If I had known this was going to happen I would have gotten front loading machines so I could sit.

The only thing I've found so far that helps during is having a chair to sit in and loooooots of breaks.

What about you? I'm sure there are lots of clever people on here....
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

Smile 
Wink
Thru your computer or phone book you want a place that caters to the physically handicapped. They carry the standard wheelchair and walkers, but also have items to put on your socks, adapted spoons and plates and even items to help with bedmaking. I worked with the disabled for over 20yrs. These apothocaries are amazing. But remember do not over do. Pain can be a good reminder to take it slow. Best of Luck, Bernie
L shoulder torn 3.5" R shoulder damaged. Heart damage, carpal tunnel (L&R) cataplexy/narcolepsy, arthritis, hypoglycemic. +. Bernie

Thank you Bernie! Why didn't I think of that? Probably because I still don't think of myself as disabled.

I will look into that.

I am lucky enough to have a great mate that helps alot...I also have learned that it doesnt matter if the windows sparkle or the floors shine...you can still look thru them or walk on them....its not a sin to ask for help
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I do not let my Injury dominate my Life anymore; I hurt big time but I push forward. When one gets down on themselves and has a pity paty party, There are already defeated.

The mind is a powerful tool. Do what you can; staying active and pushing thru the pain is what I have came to do.
. I have dealt with my Injury since 2003; Major surgery in 2006; I am Totally Disabled by WC Standards and SSA standards.

I try and push thru the pain. If I let it, It will rule me. I am on 2 Narcotics which I hate but need to have some Quality of Life but I love my wife, my grown kids and my grand babies. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Do not sell yourself short of your capabilities.

I edited this post to please Bronco

Sorry lucky i cant resist, does that mean your able to go back to work if you can push through your pain.. After all isnt pain almost the number 1 factor why us injured cant work.. I'm glad you have accomplished your goals in pushing through the pain, but not everyone is able to do this.. By using the term "paraplegic" means any one else can do more, I find this a outrages example.. But if thats your oppinion thats your right, just as I just stated mine..

(04-30-2012, 06:00 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: Sorry lucky i cant resist, does that mean your able to go back to work if you can push through your pain.. After all isnt pain almost the number 1 factor why us injured cant work.. I'm glad you have accomplished your goals in pushing through the pain, but not everyone is able to do this.. By using the term "paraplegic" means any one else can do more, I find this a outrages example.. But if thats your oppinion thats your right, just as I just stated mine..

I disagree and so does SSA since approval in 2006 retro-acted back to 2003. At my age and my Permanent Disability, No one would hire me and I am to old to train for a different job skill. Also, I can not sit 6 hours a day which constitutes a sedentary job and my lifting weight is 20 lbs occasionally; You know 0 about me.

Also taking 2 sch 2 narcotics eliminates me IMO. I would not hire anyone wearing a Fentanyl Patch and taking oxycodone.

Also, I was found PTD by WC in 2008; Permanent and Totally Disabled but life goes on...

If you reread my post you will see I am in pain; constantly. That is my opinion; Opinions are like uhm and they all stink.

We all have Hope and I firmly believe in Hope. I just keep a positive attitude.

I agree with you both, Lucky and Bronco.

I push through at work and after 10 hours when I come home the pain is pushing at me. By the time the weekend comes I'm wiped out!

I think I've decided to buy a rolling stool so that I can pull it into the area I'm working on and sit/stand when I need to.

(04-30-2012, 08:53 PM)PainandSmiles Wrote: I agree with you both, Lucky and Bronco.

I push through at work and after 10 hours when I come home the pain is pushing at me. By the time the weekend comes I'm wiped out!

I think I've decided to buy a rolling stool so that I can pull it into the area I'm working on and sit/stand when I need to.

Whatever works for you. Never dwell on what you cannot do, Dwell on what you can do.

On a different note, i know cvs sells alot of helping aids and they have a long handle shaver for guys to reach their backs, easier to reach your legs, i know this cause i used to bust on my friend about his permanent wool sweater he had on. Cvs does have alot of stuff but maybe more expensive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MRI says normal but its a lie, xray shows not normal racer17 2 1,740 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
Rolleyes normal calculating methods when two different % are given kevin5960 5 2,664 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp settlement tips rolandlaw 1 5,810 01-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  A little shaken, don't know if this is normal. Nabby 5 4,561 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Things just get better and better Bayan1905 0 1,323 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Bayan1905
  is it normal orange 17 9,583 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,219 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,278 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  Beyond the scope of normal household duties bagpussinamerica 6 6,329 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: mpenny
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 14,841 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09