Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused and Depressed in Maryland
Ok, here goes I will try to explain as short as possible but I'm long winded. I received my IME and he rated me 10% WPI with sedentary work. Well I'm a heating and air mechanic so no such thing as sedentary in that. Anyway on lawyers advise requested Voc rehab.. Waiting for answer. My questions are
1. How can I be 10% when my Nuerosurgeon said I should have a fusion but my back was in to bad of shape for that and it would probably not be successful. He said I was totally disabled at this point.
2. I currently take 7.5 mg's of vicodin 3 times a day, 1800 mg's of Nuerotin a day and a 50mcg Fentanyl patch every 2 days. with little pain relief.
3. Can barely take care of myself let alone work a job
4. Its illegal to drive a vehicle under these meds plus who would employee me while taking these meds.
5. My son took me to my IME 125 miles round trip took me 4 days to get out of bed

each state that uses impairment has their own system.
most use standardized guidelines.
I don't know your state so I can't tell which is used for your case.
it's possible the physician made an error or did the rating incorrectly.

maybe you should have the neurosurgeon do the rating.
maybe you are totally disabled for your job but not for all jobs.
ratings are for permanent impairment not temporary disability.

litigation is a game of evidence. they got an optimistic opinion and your atty will likely get a more pessimistic one.
the negotiated rating will likely be somewhere in between.
the legal system treats all disputes involving $$ similarly even those concerning your health.
it's a auction between the low bidder and the high bidder.
to them it's not about you.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Have you applied for SSDI yet? if not do so Monday its your life start being proactive.Part of depression is apathy so stop feeling helpless and start helping yourself...you took the first step coming here,the second step is to file for ssdi if you havent already then find out out why your lawyer hasnt had a rating done for you using your Drs...welcome aboard
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne.. Can your PTP be the one to provide a rating for settlement purposes? I know a PTP would rate higher than an outsider as they are more familiar with you and your case..

Man I hope that is the case.. If so I will be talking to my attorney this week.
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

every state is different in Ca 1171 would know that answer.But it is past time for injured workers to sit back and not speak up for ourselves.... We must do it as informed adults not whiny tittie babies read your state laws on WC and advocate for yourself dont just depend on your lawyer you ARE NOT his only cliant
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

As far as the driving with meds, everyones tolerence differs.. Some will say they are fine and some on the same amount of meds will be in la la land.. The doc may say you can drive but if you were to get in a accident you could be blamed because your under the influence of narcotics.. It is normal for wc to low ball your raiting, your attorney knows this.. Remind him you want another raiting from a different dr.. Also start the ssdi process,

(04-29-2012, 08:51 AM)jayne Wrote: But it is past time for injured workers to sit back and not speak up for ourselves.... We must do it as informed adults not whiny tittie babies read your state laws on WC and advocate for yourself dont just depend on your lawyer you ARE NOT his only cliant

I 100% agree. Although this other forum said if I was going to be that involved then go pro per.

I've been slowly reading through the states website, which will probably take me roughly the rest of this year to get through everything.

Totally agree though.. an IW's bestfriend is knowledge. Without it.. you could end up screwed by every party.. including the one you think is on your side.
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  maryland-settlement and WCMSA lifetime tammy68 4 1,931 05-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question Are you depressed and anxious because of your injury? Buddy1114 1 819 04-07-2020, 07:10 PM
  Maryland Workmens Comp question Acmiller32 4 1,165 12-18-2019, 01:19 PM
  Advice Anyone?Maryland WC Greybeard11 2 837 03-03-2019, 01:43 AM
  Maryland - Attorney Responsibility? FrustratedInMD 4 3,646 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Question about Workers Comp & SSDI regarding Overpayments (Maryland) CZA1225 5 8,298 04-27-2014, 02:07 PM
  Injured on Part Time Job (Maryland) Mjlewis1140 4 4,555 02-26-2014, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Mjlewis1140
  Lost in Maryland roughasher 1 1,993 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
  Maryland - hearing and unsure what to make of it??? constantpain 5 5,166 05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Last Post: hamrs_62
  Concerned in Maryland Backagain 15 9,123 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Lauperk86