Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings young wise one,

I have a situation that may go no where, or it may go somewhere.

My wife has two jobs, One as a school bus driver and the other is work from home. Doing computer work and dispatching.

Today she slipped while getting of the bus and damaged her wrist. She went to the dr and was given a 5 lb. lifting restiction for the hand. After returning to work she was sent back to the dr. and was given a 25 lb. lifting restiction. That way she can still do her job.

I already spoke to her and explained my disappointment in the restiction being lifted.

All may be fine and the wrist heals (and she is not in pain) and there are no issues.

My question is based on a worse case senerio. Lets say that the wrist does not heal right and she has to be out of work for sometime.

If she has to file a cliam. Can she still do her at home work, provided that she does not violate the medical restriction and collect from WC??

I have tried to locate the information from the Texas DWC and am not having any luck.

Thank You
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

not so very young.
I've been retired for a few years now and am enjoying my free time.

any way to your question:
You may be paid temporary income benefits (TIBs) if your work-related injury or illness causes you to lose all or some of your wages for more than seven (7) days. If you work more than one job, you may be paid TIBs if you lose all or some of your wages from other employers. (See multiple employment).
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/tempben.html

I see no exception to self-employment and would not expect any.
your wife would have to report her additional earnings to the carrier for correct TIB calculation.
and she should definitely explain her self-employment duties to her doctor.
as long as it's openly discussed it's not a problem.

if she has to stay away from her computer and can document any earnings loss it can be included in the TIBs calculation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank You
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system.