Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inversion Tables?
Jayne, I met someone while playing pool and we became good friends in a short time. He had I believe 4 levels of discs replaced in his neck and had a wonderful outcome. Sadly I can't remember the name of the doc but it was performed in east texas. As we all know though different people have tremendously different outcomes.

Aren't the cervical migraines fun? For me it's just the left side of the head lol. Maybe that;s my blonde side lol

Just be careful using the inversion table. It can/does help relieve pressure on the spine, but if you tilt to far, to fast... it can cause problems else where.

I used to work for a highly respected chiropractor/ kiniesiologist/ neurologist in Las Vegas. Regardless of the damage to a persons spine, he would never tilt them farther than 50 degrees and never leave them that way for more than 15 minutes. Then we were to raise them 10 degrees every 5 minutes after treatment so their body could readjust as the pressure was put back on the spine and the blood began to travel through their body as it should.

For those of you with cervical problems... you might want to look into getting a portable spinal traction unit. Back when I lived in Las Vegas, I ended up with some truly nasty cervical headaches and couldn't get ESI's for them (had 1 done that put me in the hospital for a week as I was allergic to it). So the pain management Dr I was seeing started me on cervical traction in his office and when we found it was giving me relief, he ordered a home unit for me (paid in full by my insurance at the time). I still have the unit and if it comes down to it and my cervical headaches come back, I will be getting it out... rather than rely on Dr's and meds to help.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Inversion tables should never be used when your alone. If someone has high BP then seek Dr's advice before using, also don't use if your have glaucomia or other certain eye problems. Slowly is best, don't just flip yourself onto your head the first time. Some people I know never tilt past 30 degrees and it works for them to remove the aches and pains. My brother uses his all the time, probably daily but he has a system where it's still slow to go all the way onto your head.

Hi guys i haven't been on for a while due to the shock of replacement disc. By shock i mean the lies i was told and the increasing new pain. Never had pain on the right side untill after surgery, june 30,2012. Pain on left side ends at thigh now instead of toes, which is better. I weighed the pros and cons of disc replacement and had to at least try due to pain. 3 months later and i can tell it didnt go as i hoped. I have problems straightening out my back after sitting, it takes over a minute after sitting for 10 minutes. I'm told its normal by surgeon, but its been progressively worse since 2nd week after surgery. Pain on right side mirrors the left, feels like bone pain, if you know what i mean, doc says i threw my back out, not true, its not muscle pain and its been a month, but i had to try. Any questions you have jayne or darrin just ask I'll be more than happy to give my experiences. So far its like i traded a little pain for new pain, but I'm told i need to give it more time. I hope some things were answered, anything else just let me know.

>>>>> So far its like i traded a little pain for new pain, but I'm told i need to give it more time<<<<

I read this response to the thread and thought, EEK, something I remember from 1982. I had a patient with colon cancer, he'd been in the hospital for months undergoing chemotherapy. He did eventually die but the doctors said that his treatment was a success. That statement just blew my mind, hey the guy died, the treatment was a success???? Really? Success in my mind states the patient lived and was cancer free. Well this guy died but it wasn't from the cancer. He died because he received so much chemotherapy that it ate thru what little intestine he had left. That's a success? I don't think so.

Sorry my friend, hopefully the new pain will lessen. Give me more time, another eek. How many times have I heard that phrase? Prayers.

bodybuilder1958

(09-02-2012, 05:23 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: >>>>> So far its like i traded a little pain for new pain, but I'm told i need to give it more time<<<<

I read this response to the thread and thought, EEK, something I remember from 1982. I had a patient with colon cancer, he'd been in the hospital for months undergoing chemotherapy. He did eventually die but the doctors said that his treatment was a success. That statement just blew my mind, hey the guy died, the treatment was a success???? Really? Success in my mind states the patient lived and was cancer free. Well this guy died but it wasn't from the cancer. He died because he received so much chemotherapy that it ate thru what little intestine he had left. That's a success? I don't think so.

Sorry my friend, hopefully the new pain will lessen. Give me more time, another eek. How many times have I heard that phrase? Prayers.

bodybuilder1958

Sounds like my orthopedic Dr that stated it's going to take 6 months to a year before we will know if the ulnar nerve transposition was a success. In the meantime, I still have the pain from the ulnar nerve surgery, plus the added joy of what he now suspects to be the onset of RSD in my left arm. Waiting to see my PM Dr on the 10th to see if he will do the Stelate ganglion blocks for me or if I will have to be referred out to another PM Dr in Grapevine, TX. In the meantime, I sit in double the pain I was in back in June before I ever had the surgery. And on top of that, both feet, ankles and calves have decided this is a good month to swell up on me so that I look like an elephant from the knees down. Something I have never had problems with before. YIKES!!!!! Will these roller coaster rides ever end for any of us ?????

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

I spoke to a camper 2 weeks ago that had the disc replacement it was a long recoup but he felt it was more than worth it....course he went to his choice of Drs cuz he paid for it his self his insurance wouldnt cover it.I was surprized when his wife told me he was a year post op he was trail biking and hiking mountain trails all over our camps...I was impressed...he did say he has constant problems with constapation tho altho he takes no meds he thinks when Drs takes the intestines out and dont put em back exactly as God had em we have bowel problems....I quess thats a good a reason as any other....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......