Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another attempt to put Business Interests above Workers
Oklahoma companies would be allowed to opt out of the state’s traditional workers’ compensation system and instead self-insure or have alternative coverage under new guidelines outlined in a bill approved on April 18 in the state Senate.

Groups representing big businesses and industry hailed the passage of House Bill 2155 as a sure-fire way to reduce workers’ compensation insurance costs, but opponents maintain it will dramatically reduce benefits for injured workers.

there is a national republican agenda to rollback worker's rights.
It's no longer about holding down wages and benefits but undermining and nullifying established gains workers have made over the past century.

The Robber Barons that trampled over workers at the turn of the century are rising from the dead with the help of this generation of republican minions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

sounds scary as hell.....but the last 5 years so many rights have been taken from the worker there isnt much for them to take.....maybe we should just abolish workers comp as a whole and just go back to suing the workplace for negligence when a worker gets hurt.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

sounds scary as hell.....but the last 5 years so many rights have been taken from the worker there isnt much for them to take.....maybe we should just abolish workers comp as a whole and just go back to suing the workplace for negligence when a worker gets hurt.Thanks 1171

no thankx.
waiting in line at the court house for years to get what is only fair for the work we do.
we can do better and we have gotten better.
we'll just have to take the fight to them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Whats scary to me, and a big problem i think, is that before my accident i think i thought like the majority, is that the only time i heard of workmans comp is when somebody said someone was faking and out for free money. I heard this 3 times in 5 years at my work alone and ALL 3 people were let go as soon as they came back!needless to say thats why i didnt report my 3 bulging discs the previous year. Untill you have to go through it and realize all the hoops because of scammers, it doesn't seeem worth it. I think the majority of people still feel this way so when they hear their workplace or their friends business has to pay more money for ins for "scammers" they feel sympathetic to their situation and really would vote for them. They'll find out pretty quick how wrong they are as soon as they're injured. Its definately a sad situation. Good post 1171, open some eyes

I was "lucky" I was hurt under the old rules here in Okla where the had to take care of me no matter how long it took and they had to keep my job open no matter how long it took....thats not the law any more...course its the business that have the money to make the laws not the workers....do away with workers comp and let us sue the twits again....the best workmans comp suit in the U.S. was the coal miners black lung suit did you know their wives collect after the miners died?yeppers they do.....we my friends are getting screwed....

I was "lucky" I was hurt under the old rules here in Okla where the had to take care of me no matter how long it took and they had to keep my job open no matter how long it took....thats not the law any more...course its the business that have the money to make the laws not the workers....do away with workers comp and let us sue the twits again....the best workmans comp suit in the U.S. was the coal miners black lung suit did you know their wives collect after the miners died?yeppers they do.....we my friends are getting screwed....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question 1st Time Private Business Claim - Need Advice/Info Pacman 6 1,359 05-23-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: path62
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 4,260 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Big Business at War against Tennessee Workers 1171 0 1,298 03-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Attempt to work she 16 7,069 04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Last Post: she
  A Dangerous Business Revisited collateraldamage5591 6 4,708 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy