Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conference at industrial board of accidents
I have a conference at the Industrial Board coming up for the W/C to see if they can restart the payments they shut off at the 6 month mark. Not sure what happens at one of these or what to expect but just hope it gives some kind of answer for me and my family as we are slowly going under in bills since the payments stopped. Anyone ever have one of these?

Noone has ever had to go to one of these?

Cmon guys this can't be brand new although sorry i haven't heard of it

I believe we received a voluntary conference notice right after my husband reached MMI. It was canceled by the attorney. I believe it's to state your reasons or something like that. We spent the last year going to drs his attorney has sent him to that will prove his case for total disability. The attorney told him he didn't even need to attend the conference. From what I can remember being told, only mediation is required before settlement or trial in our state. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Workers' Compensation - Dept of Industrial Accidents (DIA) - Massachusetts

The Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development, through the Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA), is responsible for ensuring that employers meet the requirements of the state laws governing Workers' Compensation and that employers have valid contracts of insurance. It also reviews and approves all agreements for compensation and provides the administrative procedures for dispute resolution when claims are contested.

Upon notification from an employer of a work-related injury, the department contacts the employee by supplying an informational brochure explaining the injured workers’ rights and responsibilities. In addition, the Department provides vocational and rehabilitation evaluation and referral.

Contact Information
Department of Industrial Accidents
600 Washington Street, 7th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02111

Phone: (617) 727-4900
Toll Free: 1-800-323-3249
Fax: (617) 727-647

Internet: http://www.mass.gov/dia/

i dont know your state but heres mass

Nope I am in Mass and the conference I am going to is to decide if workers comp needs to pay me, they shut me off at 6 months after paying the whole way for every dr and test and then stated the injury was not work related. I laughed I had a neuro surgeon and a back dr say it was and they stopped payment anyway. so now i go to this conference to decide if the payments continue or if I get screwed over. They knew I was in a union that only covers you up to 6 months so once I hit the 6 month mark they said not work related and closed me down, yet still pay for any Dr visits, figure that out?

generally a conference is held prior to trial to sort out what is agreed on and what is still in dispute and how the parties want the proceed from there as far as resolving them.
it is an opportunity to negotiate a settlement or decide on a hearing with the judge.
it's usually restricted to just the attys and judge. neither the employer or employee have to attend but they should be available should settlement need approval.
it is not a hearing and no testimony is taken or judicial decisions made.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-20-2012, 11:24 AM)jeepstang Wrote: Nope I am in Mass and the conference I am going to is to decide if workers comp needs to pay me, they shut me off at 6 months after paying the whole way for every dr and test and then stated the injury was not work related. I laughed I had a neuro surgeon and a back dr say it was and they stopped payment anyway. so now i go to this conference to decide if the payments continue or if I get screwed over. They knew I was in a union that only covers you up to 6 months so once I hit the 6 month mark they said not work related and closed me down, yet still pay for any Dr visits, figure that out?

The first paragraph explains what you are saying, they're there to make sure employers are following the laws and to resolve claims that are contested. They say they don't have to pay and you want them to. Unless I'm missing something besides a normal thought process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Priority Conference, what to expect? Jonabhet 3 2,112 12-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: 1171
  NY WORK COMP BOARD EXPANDING DRUG FORMULARY.... 1171 0 514 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM
  (CA) My 1st Status Conference, What to Expect? neckpain101 11 8,901 07-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Status Conference/Adequacy of Settlement California meggieprice 5 2,806 03-20-2018, 07:42 PM
  Board's Technical Problems being worked On 1171 5 1,282 03-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  CA state WC board for neck fusion PridedImp 10 5,088 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  wclj denied inital claim reversed by board jerseylock 14 10,037 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
  benefit review conference texaswy 4 4,757 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  industrial disability retirement deojr 3 11,934 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Last Post: deojr
  room and board=TTD combatcop 5 5,657 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Last Post: combatcop