Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Weather
We are now under a tornado watch, radar shows the storms getting closer.

How are you doing Bodybuilder?

Bodybuilder and I have been monitoring the weather this evening. For a while it looked like the storm would hit her area but now it has taken a turn. The Townado sirens have been activated in the 3 towns near my home. The tornado is to hit the town of Benton where my son goes to school at 10:50. Already have flashflights, radio, and water together.

BK and BB

As soon as possible..if possible, let us know that you are okay. I have been watching the weather in your area as well. Couldn't believe the hook that showed on doppler at 9:50 CDT. Looks like there have been at least 12 or more tornados touch down in and around the Wichita area. BK you can always call me.. any time, day or night. I will PM you my new cell # just in case I haven't sent it to you before now. And if you need me for ANYTHING ...DO NOT hesitate to ask/call.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Becky we are okay, we caught the edge of the storm, rain, hail, winds. There is still tornado warning for our county and a tornado on the ground about 15 miles south of us.

More stff is comming in from Oklahoma, about 7 miles south of here there reports of green flashes at ground level, not for sure what that is.

Beech Aircraft, Spirit Aircraft, and Mc Connell Air Force Base all received tornado damage.
Beech & Spirit are two of Wichita's larger employers.

I am going to bed shorthly soon as the tornado warning is cancelled.

Just came over the scanner another storm 3 counties West of here. It is going to be a night.

http://www.kansas.com/

Reports are there were 90 tornados in Kansas yesterday, 2 near where I live.

Lots of wind here that was all, did have alot of rain fall after 0230 this morning. My niece lives with her two daughters in Towanda, ks and the sirens never went off. Luckily the tornado turned just before hitting the town.

Bummer said she had a large pond turtle on her driveway. I tried getting her to cook it up for lunch but then I think she de-friended me on Facebook to get me to shut up. Turtle meat is good, snapper is even better, even told her how to kill the snapper.

My stepmother's apartment building which is concrete shook with the tornado, they lost main power until almost 0900 this morning. I was surprised that she was halfway polite when I called her. Her meds must finally be working.

Woodward, Ok is a mess, the first tornado knocked out the sirens. It was the second tornado that caused the loss of life. My daughter's sister-in-law lives 2 blocks from where the tornadoes hit. They were both drunk on their asses when it hit so they didn't give a crap about what happened.

Kansas was lucky, no loss of life. I think one of the buildings for Spirit Aerosystems will have to be torn down. Hawker where my husband works has roof damage on one building.

For once people in Kansas listened to the weather stations and did what the were told to do. I believe that's why there were no deaths in the entire state.

Im glad yous are ok, but did anything hit down jaynes way...? Has anyone heard from her....?
(04-15-2012, 01:56 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Lots of wind here that was all, did have alot of rain fall after 0230 this morning. My niece lives with her two daughters in Towanda, ks and the sirens never went off. Luckily the tornado turned just before hitting the town.

Bummer said she had a large pond turtle on her driveway. I tried getting her to cook it up for lunch but then I think she de-friended me on Facebook to get me to shut up. Turtle meat is good, snapper is even better, even told her how to kill the snapper.

I can remember grandpa always having big snappers in barrels, I havnt had that since I was a kid....

My stepmother's apartment building which is concrete shook with the tornado, they lost main power until almost 0900 this morning. I was surprised that she was halfway polite when I called her. Her meds must finally be working.

Woodward, Ok is a mess, the first tornado knocked out the sirens. It was the second tornado that caused the loss of life. My daughter's sister-in-law lives 2 blocks from where the tornadoes hit. They were both drunk on their asses when it hit so they didn't give a crap about what happened.

Kansas was lucky, no loss of life. I think one of the buildings for Spirit Aerosystems will have to be torn down. Hawker where my husband works has roof damage on one building.

For once people in Kansas listened to the weather stations and did what the were told to do. I believe that's why there were no deaths in the entire state.

No word from Jayne. Do not know if her area of Oklahoma was hit.

Glad to hear everyone is okay. Jayne is kind of southe east OK and I haven't seen any weather. I believe she is not far north of Broken Bow where my 1/2 sisters live. Sure hope her and the family are alright

Glad to hear everyone is okay. Jayne is kind of southe east OK and I haven't seen any weather. I believe she is not far north of Broken Bow where my 1/2 sisters live. Sure hope her and the family are alright

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  End of the weekend Manley2 6 3,913 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: jayne
  A weekend of misery bronco54501 22 10,527 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Memorial Weekend Bummer Knees 1 1,859 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Weekend Heat chrischris 4 3,334 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Wonderful weekend jayne 1 2,913 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees