Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Donor Matches Todd
This is an update on my brother in law Todd who needs a kidney transplant.

A little history.........

August 2011 a d kidney transplant was done with the transplanted kidney having died the day after surgery.

February 2012 a different donor with the day before the transplant to take place we learned the blood of the the donor and Todd's when mixed together produced blood clotting, so the transplant was cancelled.

Now for the update....

We have a different donor, Todd's future daughter in law Cindnay and a nurse who has worked at the kidney transplant floor at a Wichita Hospital.

This time the doctor did things differently, they tested her's and Todd's blood first, and there is no clotting, they have a match!

If Cindnay passes all of the medical & physe test there will be another transplant in the future.

Please continue to say prayers for Todd as he is having a tough time right now with dylasis.

As before our prayers are out there for them...... Hopefully this is the finnal search and it takes....

(04-12-2012, 07:14 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: This is an update on my brother in law Todd who needs a kidney transplant.

A little history.........

August 2011 a d kidney transplant was done with the transplanted kidney having died the day after surgery.

February 2012 a different donor with the day before the transplant to take place we learned the blood of the the donor and Todd's when mixed together produced blood clotting, so the transplant was cancelled.

Now for the update....

We have a different donor, Todd's future daughter in law Cindnay and a nurse who has worked at the kidney transplant floor at a Wichita Hospital.

This time the doctor did things differently, they tested her's and Todd's blood first, and there is no clotting, they have a match!

If Cindnay passes all of the medical & physe test there will be another transplant in the future.

Please continue to say prayers for Todd as he is having a tough time right now with dylasis.

Hopefully things will go well, praying that the surgery will be sooner rather than later. I'd hate to have Todd removed from the list due to another problem. The clotting issue should of been taken care of the first time, stupid that it wasn't. Prayers that it takes

I agree Bodybuilder!

Some of the other testing has already been done. Cindnay is a nurse at a hospital in Kansas City and some of the testing has been done where she works.

Right now Todd has some medical issues that need addressed before another transplant can take place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From Todd & Lori per facebook Bummer Knees 0 1,925 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Todd's Special Visitor Bummer Knees 3 2,742 10-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Heading to Kansas City for Todd's Transplant Bummer Knees 12 5,238 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  Todd's Transplant Bummer Knees 6 3,755 09-04-2013, 10:34 PM
  Todd will have the transplant next week, My 7, 2013 Bummer Knees 4 3,100 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM
  Todd scheduled for a transplant Bummer Knees 2 2,433 04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
  Prayers again for Todd Bummer Knees 1 1,586 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Todd needs extra prayers Bummer Knees 18 10,210 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Last Post: monster1963
  A good or bad thing for Todd? Bummer Knees 5 4,006 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
  Need More Prayers For Todd Bummer Knees 4 2,992 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Last Post: jayne