Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what will happen next........Settlement? = What?
Hi I am in California in need of advise I am new here please be nice, thank you...my injury was in 2008 I have an atty but no answers, I will make it short: I am P&S, I have two reports 1 from my PTP with 49%WPI and 1 from a QME with 31% WPI I also have a Psych report with 36% WPI I was send to a VR and in her report states: unable to compete in open labor market with 100% diminished future earning capacity, I am 44 and was earning 50k, my atty has gone silent and I do not know what to expect next, any info is really apreciated Thank You again.
I am sorry I forgot to mention that CI Atty do not agree with Psych report. thanks again.

Of course the CI atty doesn't agree with the Psych report, that's pretty standard.

I'd say ditch your attorney, my first one went silent and I found another one. I ended up getting what I wanted. If your attorney isn't talking then find another one. You need proper representation and it sounds like you're not getting it.

We tend to always be nice here, sad to say that we're friends who met under bad circumstances. We support each other because we've all been there, we hold each others hands, laugh, cry and occasionally go off the deep end.

Hope you get your answers, check out the attorney page, ask around, I found a wonderful friend here who recommended her attorney.

I tried to get another atty but he said "looks like your atty has done most of the work in your case, it sounds like you are about to settle and ther is nothing much for me".....Thank You for the info body.

ahhhhhhh hell we dont eat anyone here anymore Admin made us quit that last year....best bet would be to go over on the injured worker side and post your question and 1171 could answer you, some times 1171 answers over here but mainly stays on the other side...welcome to the best workers com site on earth come on back and play with us we dont bite....to hard
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(04-11-2012, 10:02 PM)classk Wrote: I tried to get another atty but he said "looks like your atty has done most of the work in your case, it sounds like you are about to settle and ther is nothing much for me".....Thank You for the info body.

Are you seeking to settle? Is there anything else that needs to be done? Do you need further treatment? Is respondent going to send you for their own IME concerning your psych eval? What treatment will you need down the road? Does your condition mean that you will require future medical? Have you applied for SSI?

Personally if it was me I'd show up at your attorney's office and stay there until he/she talks to me.

I need a third surgery but my PTP told me most likely will make pain sindrome worst so yes future medical care is needed, last I heard from atty is that I will have to see a psych QME some time in the future.....still waiting, sad to say but I feel like a puppet. oh and ssi I am waiting for final decision.
Thank You for the info Jayne.

Then settling is way down the road. You've probably already learned that no decisions happen quickly. It's like they're hoping that you win the lottery or die.

I would of cleared fifty thousand the last year I worked. It's taken us a long time to play catch up on bills. The TTD ends this month once I reach MMI, not too sure how we'll make up that money. But God has a reason and I'm pretty confident that things will work out in the end. I've always thought I was pretty patient until the crap hit the fan over my left knee.

I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETLY, now I really know what it means to make ends meet. thanks for the info and GOOD LUCK FOR THE 2 OF US.

I will say a prayer for you tonight and add you to my prayer list. Sad that we had to meet this way but welcome to the forum.

Thank You and GOD be with You.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never had this happen, cancelled interviews bodybuilder1958 4 3,238 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  they knew it would happen jayne 6 3,859 05-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Anyone ever have this happen before? bagpussinamerica 20 6,140 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  this just doesnt happen in Oklahoma jayne 17 6,049 12-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  A crazy morning, the Dr. appointment that didn't happen! Bummer Knees 0 2,495 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Surgery May Not Happen Bummer Knees 13 3,998 05-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Last Post: vickinat