Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not getting over this infection
Guess I'm asking for prayers.
Went to the doctor on Monday, usually with a UTI the infection clears up fast with me, usually most symptoms are gone within 24hrs. This time it's not clearing, still vomiting, still hurting, headaches, my temp hit 104 last night, today it's been 101 and it's not going down. I laid down this afternoon and was shocked that I slept nearly 4 hours. Guess if I still feel this way tomorrow that I'm heading back to the doctor.

BodyBuilder it sounds as if something needs to be done differently in order for you to get over the infection.

Prayers for you, keep us posted.

BB why wait? are you pushing fluids?go to the ER or come to the campground with me Bill and the kids have been gone for a couple of days and I have been by my self....Prayers ladybug
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Pushing fluids like mad, taking the antibiotics, I've been down this road many times before. Don't know what's different this time.

BB

Could be that your body is building up a tolerance to the antibiotics and that it is time to find another in order to fight the UTI.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Sorry to hear bb, keep drinking fluids and hope it starts going away... I have had this darn infection in my elbow for way to long... They had me on clydamyacin for almost 2 weeks, and it took a complete different dr to suggest I take Amox/k clav 875-125 2 times a day.. I thought she was a quack for suggesting it, but for the first time in 4 weeks I can bend my elbow...

Prayers are with you and hope you get feeling better....

You've had a histroy of infections, the knee after the meniscus repair and this.

Could your system be weak fighting infections due to history?

(04-12-2012, 02:54 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: You've had a histroy of infections, the knee after the meniscus repair and this.

The bacteria is resistant to the antibiotic I was on, got new meds, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I got kind of shitty with the nurse, I should of had those results yesterday. I didn't get an apology but she did admit that I was right.

Garage sale tomorrow and Saturday, hopefully the rain they're predicting will stay away.

(04-12-2012, 03:56 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 02:54 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: You've had a histroy of infections, the knee after the meniscus repair and this.

The bacteria is resistant to the antibiotic I was on, got new meds, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I got kind of shitty with the nurse, I should of had those results yesterday. I didn't get an apology but she did admit that I was right.

Garage sale tomorrow and Saturday, hopefully the rain they're predicting will stay away.

Hope you do feel better, ps. you can send the rain this way 4 we need it bad...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looks like another infection bronco54501 5 3,745 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Infection bronco54501 13 8,020 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Oldest son, 7 weeks post-op, incision infection bodybuilder1958 9 6,961 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Just avoided an infection in my new knee bodybuilder1958 1 2,707 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Spyware infection freebird 18 9,301 05-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Last Post: inpainokla