Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed! They won't return my calls.
Hi, I'm new to the board and need some advice. I was injured on Jan. 26, 2012. I fell 10 feet off an outdoor marquee when the ladder gave out. When I hit the ground I broke my heel bone and injured the nerves and padding under my heel.

I thought everything was going smoothly except for my manager being an jerk about the situation. I filled out all the paper work, I made all the phone calls, I copied all my records for everyone. My company's insurance office (as far as I know) has been paying for my doctor bills and medications. However, I've been losing about 15 hours a week due to not being able to do my normal job and when I asked about the insurance company covering my missed hours they stopped answering my phone calls.

The last I heard from them was Thursday Febuary 16th. My adjustor had told me she was working on figuring out how much I was going to get per week and I was to call back the next morning to get all the details. I did and it went to voice mail. I called Saturday and it went to voicemail. Called everyday the next week and it went to voice mail. I emailed and got no response. I called twice a week for a month and got only voice mails.

It has now been over a month since I last had contact with them. I don't know what to do. I have records of how many hours I was working before the injury and every shift I worked after the injury.

I need help soon. I can't keep pushing off my bills forever.

there maybe no quick solution.
options depend on your state laws.
very few things move quickly in the insurance bureaucracy.
you can try contacting the claims supervisor/manager.
you can try going thru your employer as they may have more clout with the carrier.
litigation with the comp court is very slow but may have to be ultimately considered.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-06-2012, 01:53 PM)janczak85 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to the board and need some advice. I was injured on Jan. 26, 2012. I fell 10 feet off an outdoor marquee when the ladder gave out. When I hit the ground I broke my heel bone and injured the nerves and padding under my heel.

I thought everything was going smoothly except for my manager being an jerk about the situation. I filled out all the paper work, I made all the phone calls, I copied all my records for everyone. My company's insurance office (as far as I know) has been paying for my doctor bills and medications. However, I've been losing about 15 hours a week due to not being able to do my normal job and when I asked about the insurance company covering my missed hours they stopped answering my phone calls.

The last I heard from them was Thursday Febuary 16th. My adjustor had told me she was working on figuring out how much I was going to get per week and I was to call back the next morning to get all the details. I did and it went to voice mail. I called Saturday and it went to voicemail. Called everyday the next week and it went to voice mail. I emailed and got no response. I called twice a week for a month and got only voice mails.

It has now been over a month since I last had contact with them. I don't know what to do. I have records of how many hours I was working before the injury and every shift I worked after the injury.

1171 is right, i tried to do everything right as well but then i kept getting blown off so they forced me to get an attorney to try to speed things up, and it did, this is always an option, good luck

(04-06-2012, 01:53 PM)janczak85 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to the board and need some advice. I was injured on Jan. 26, 2012. I fell 10 feet off an outdoor marquee when the ladder gave out. When I hit the ground I broke my heel bone and injured the nerves and padding under my heel.

Jayc123 is right, if you done everything on your part and still don't get an answer contact an attorney. I know some people don't like getting an attorney because it may seems like you are just out for money, but you have to put your health and well being first.

My IC delay reopening my case then called my back when the statue ran out and told me that it was told late the statue ran out and there was nothing they can do. I was lucky that I had an attorney to dispute that & they agree to reopen my case.

Save yourself some time and stress and get an Attorney. They will not be ignored like you are and they know the ins and outs of the system.
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

Some states have an obudsmans service.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

(04-06-2012, 10:28 PM)PainandSmiles Wrote:

Save yourself some time and stress and get an Attorney. They will not be ignored like you are and they know the ins and outs of the system.

Yes attys will not get ignore by insurance but sorry to say that You may be ignored by your atty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  claims admin calls to tell me they accepted liability now what happens? rxburn 2 2,886 07-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: rxburn
  Advice Needed! Ex-husband took my settlement money! clk2426 1 3,004 05-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Advice Needed Please in Michigan Injured Soul 4 4,573 12-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Stormy
  no calls, no communication tnicholson3 16 8,187 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Last Post: tnicholson3
  advice needed nov.wright 5 3,535 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Last Post: ecvq28dh
Exclamation FDA Panel Calls for Propoxyfene (Darvon) Withdrawal oblivyous 0 3,278 02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Last Post: oblivyous
  Advice needed R Shoulder injury babygaige 8 8,718 12-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Advice & help needed soonermom53 10 7,626 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  attorney won't return my calls nauticalgurl1 26 20,694 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Last Post: nauticalgurl1
  advice needed on addl injury due to crutches... LadySpark 12 8,828 06-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lilly