Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication advice
Hello again
I tried searching the forums but came up empty. In the times we live in I find getting an increase in medication has become more difficult. I currently have been on the same dose of oxycodone for about 5 years now. My doctor won't increase it but would rather I use morphine patches ( I think there is another name for it). Question I have is has anyone gotten better results from it and do you find youself needing to keep raising the dose or go from wearing it 3 days to 2, and so on. I take quite a few meds and my Percocet dosage is 5/325 4 times a day which I don't consider a high dose. Am I wrong?
Ps. My wife is against me getting the patch
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

TPM to many drugs are now being sold on the street and Drs are running scared...the patches cover the Drs fannys and are a bit easier on your liver
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-30-2012, 11:50 AM)tpm Wrote: Hello again
I tried searching the forums but came up empty. In the times we live in I find getting an increase in medication has become more difficult. I currently have been on the same dose of oxycodone for about 5 years now. My doctor won't increase it but would rather I use morphine patches ( I think there is another name for it). Question I have is has anyone gotten better results from it and do you find youself needing to keep raising the dose or go from wearing it 3 days to 2, and so on. I take quite a few meds and my Percocet dosage is 5/325 4 times a day which I don't consider a high dose. Am I wrong?
Ps. My wife is against me getting the patch

docs are under the microscope nowadays so theyre reluctant to prescribe anything, but if youve had this problem awhile i dont see why they make a big deal about it,that urks me, the wrong people are suffering because of addicts and crooked docs. i dont know about patches, never taken them but im also only on percocet 10/325, nothing else, i take 5 to 6 a day and didnt consider that a high dose untill now, is it? ive wondered about it when i was told by the doc to take up to 3 at a time for increasing pain, ive taken 2 but not 3 at a time, should i not do that? is that a high dose, sorry to ask questions on your post. what other meds are you on, and do they help?

Jayne
Thanks for the reply. I understand they are worried about prescribing but at the same time a doctor should know who is abusing and who really needs pain control. Any doctor but more so a Pain Med doc should know after 5 years the same dose loses its punch so to speak.
My pharmacist says he sees a lot of people having to increase the morphine patch doses pretty quickly. That is what I am trying to find out

Jayc123
I consider you being on a high dose but not knowing why it's prescribed and for how long I may be wrong.
I take nerve pain medications with the Percocet. I take Lyrica, Cymbolta (for pain), Melexicam, and Zanaflex for muscle spasms.
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

(03-31-2012, 08:54 AM)tpm Wrote: Jayne
Thanks for the reply. I understand they are worried about prescribing but at the same time a doctor should know who is abusing and who really needs pain control. Any doctor but more so a Pain Med doc should know after 5 years the same dose loses its punch so to speak.
My pharmacist says he sees a lot of people having to increase the morphine patch doses pretty quickly. That is what I am trying to find out

Jayc123
I consider you being on a high dose but not knowing why it's prescribed and for how long I may be wrong.
I take nerve pain medications with the Percocet. I take Lyrica, Cymbolta (for pain), Melexicam, and Zanaflex for muscle spasms.

ive been on it since 7-11 and its for 3 herniated discs, 2 lumbar one thorasic all on nerves, scheduled alif fusion for 4-18-12. the funny thing is that im not taking as much as they tell me cause they mess with my brain too much and are making me tired.ive only taken aspirin probably 5 times in my life before this occured. i was more concerned of the acetominaphin. im 5'10" and 195lbs so i wasnt too concerned with 50 mgs a day when you read these idiots posts(not on here) about taking 140 mgs a day for recreation. should i be worried?

When I was on oxxy 12hr it played mind games with me and was always dissy and light headed, with of course the aliens floating around in my brain... After going with the percocets most of that has stopped, but still makes my head feel funny...

I quit seeing my initial dr after being there for 4 years, He kept trying to lower my dosages and my pain levels were climbing.. I was on vicodin to start with and it wasnt cutting it and took me almost a year to get oxxy, the pain levels almost dropped in half.. I wanted to work so badly after wards i wheened my self off and only took the gabapentin.. I got the ok to return and it was misserable, it got to the point I started taking oxxy as soon as I got home.. I ignored the pain which caused me to now be perm disabled.. I am now on percocets 5-325s and my dr said only 2 per day, he was an (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter) and said he wouldnt perscribe anymore unless I lost some weight...

I didnt end his care but he is as needed now, I had my primary family dr take over my meds.. I now am perscribed percs every 4hrs as needed with gabapentin for nerve pain 600mg 3 times aday... I have so much less stress now that my family dr took over... But with that price I now am random tested....but well worth it....

As far as the morphine patches, my sister was on fetnal patches for 7 years and her dr wanted her to switch to the morphine and my sister said no way......

I was on oxxy after the knee replacement.

I was having conversations with myself while on it.

Took myself off it when I came home from the hospital.

Oh yes the mind conversations......lol. I know when I was first released from hospital with my mva, I too carried on them conversations... I was so messed up in my head, being on fentnal drip and being cut off just a few days before released and then right to oxxy 12 hr and 2 vicodin every 4 hrs, and the ambien.. I was a night mare for my family, they were lucky I wasnt strong enough to get up and walk.........lol...

But thos conversations were so interesting and mind blowing.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Well I started having those conversations with myself while in the hospital.

I remember thinking, Did I say that out loud? I would look at the nurse in my room and she would have this stunned look on her face.

Yep, I guess I said it out loud.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UR Medication kibby 5 1,960 10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 5,680 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,298 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 18,421 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mileage to pick up narcotic medication denied? RootsGal 5 3,917 05-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: InjuredOne
  Medication and Other Questions JohnDoe 7 4,958 08-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Medication & EMG test hurt back 19 32,561 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Cycler, a medication question chrischris 14 11,015 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Medication Questions chrischris 4 4,142 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Medication provided by WC question tpm 13 9,826 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Last Post: BulldawgOnFire