Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
denied and the walls are closing in on me
Sad 
I was injured at work a year and a half ago. I thought waiting for surgery approval was toture but ohh no! I recovered poorly from my back surgery and Drs just wanted to push me back to work. So we gave it a try, i was in bed for a week recovering from the aggravated nerve problems. They then stoped paying me and sent be tons of bills due to my doctor treating depression. I had another MRI and it shows no difference from the MRI i had before surgery. I still have the discs protruding and pinched nerve at L5. Luckly my part time job that i was not injured at was able to give me enough hours to make my car payment. I have always worked for everything ive ever needed or wanted. If it were up to me id go back to my jobs in a heartbeat! I miss my job but the pain i cant do it. I want to work i just cant do that physical job anymore. Lately my other job has been an issue due to my depression and anxiety and i dont know how much longer i can do it, but im single, its just me. If i dont pay my bills ill lose my car, already behind on gas and electric, and my credit will go down the drain. I had to move back home because i couldnt rent anymore, i cant give my dog proper medical treatment because im scared my credit card will meet its limit soon. I recently lost the love of my life due to the sadness depression anger and loss of patients. This injury has ruiend my life. I have no social life because all my friends were at recreational volleyball and work. My mind races of problems and what soon will happen when i get to the point i dont want to leave the houset of pocket to pay for evaluation for a
Cont:
I dont have $ to pay for evaluation and a c9 has to be filed and now im having anxiety about going to the doctors. Im very embarrassed about the condition im in. Im stronger than this yet its getting to me. Where can i go to talk to someone, an outsider, but someone who will understand, for free? I need to get out of this hole im in before i hurt myself

if the doctors treating you for depression etc. are not helping, you need to switch.
if you don't have an atty for your comp case, get one.

contact your union; they often have emergency resources to help members.
check out your county social services department for referrals.
have you tried your church or local service clubs (elks, Kiwana, lions, etc.) they often have programs for the needy.

for health care check out
http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx

let all your creditors know you are on disability, many are willing to work with you if they know before you get too far behind in payments.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Even the strongest trees bend at times, or split, or are wrenched up from their roots by heavy storms. Human go through heavy storms as well, and though we feel like we should be stronger than this, don't give in, don't see a doctor about depression because it is too "mental" or embarrassing is dangerous as turning a blind eye to a lump somewhere where it shouldn't be. We all think we can do it at some level. At then some of get to the level where we hit the ceiling and we HAVE to call in the troops big time. You can not weather this one out on your own. This is all injury related. You are going through a REACTIVE depression, which means exactly that. You are reacting to circumstances you have no control over. But you do have choices, as already mentioned. But for Gods sake, and especially your own, do not hide it all away behind those walls of yours. Times to take down a few bricks and let someone see inside.

I totally empathize with the loss you have gone through. I have seen all of it, and mourned the loss of the life I had, and the relationships I had, the strength I had. But being strong actually worked against me. Every one thought I was ok, even the doctors thought the pain was not so severe because I kept on going on. Then workers comp thought, shoot, maybe she is faking it. So I had to go to different doctors for assessment. If I had said right at the beginning, look, this is what is happening. I hear voices sometimes, is that right? Is it the meds, is it me going insane? The stress was unbelievable. And unbearable. The anxiety attacks that came on strong because I refused to listen to my mind telling me...get help...now, when I allowed the stress to take over my life. Ducking my head at the creditors, not responding to or opening my bills, hoping it would just go away...or worse...just keep waiting thinking it will be alright. No. It won't. You do have to let people know. Especially people like the phone company, the electric and gas company, your mortgage people. They all really will work with you. But if you leave it too late the accounts will be so high that they can't help you no matter how much they wish that they could. Only because you didn't get in touch sooner.

And your doctor. Everything you say to your doctor remains between you and your doctor. Even they will ask, if the workers comp wants a nurse case manager to sit in with you, if you want that. Because they will still have their one on one with you, then you can bring in the case manager to discuss whatever you and your doctor decided between you. Doctors know that workers comp is mostly out to get you, to find the loop holes, so they are pretty careful about what information they let out. And if you are referred to a counselor, which at this point you should be, do not be ashamed. These sessions are there to help you get through the hard times and not to go it on your own. And those sessions are totally private. All they have to discuss is what their evaluation is and what their plan is for treatment. They do not discuss what you discuss during those sessions. Workers comp will ask how you are progressing and keep sticking their noses in, but your counselor will know how to fend them off. And your doctor and your counselor can and will be your best advocates during all of this.

OH, and one more thing to add to all of the advice already given. Stay with this site. I have been here for what seems like, oh wait, has been, years. On and off over the last few due to terrible surgical outcomes and tremendous depression during the last two. There was a time where I was so optimistic because w/c was treating me so well...then WHAM...they hit you side ways. If you just can't write anything because you feel so depressed at least keep on reading on the site. One day, like me, you will return and remember what it was like to have such a support group as this one. Again, I STILL keep coming here off and on, but only because of problems with medications sending me looping hearing conversations in my head, radio programmes that made complete sense to me, still do actually, whole actual radio broadcasts!!!! Sent on over compliments of the UK. And I knew whilst I was listening to them that they were in my head, but I could not make them go away. Those were funny though.

It is nice to have the support. Don't keep trying to be so strong. And if you do get treated for depression you really will need this site, because some of those meds can be mind bending in themselves. So you will need the people here to help you with that. Get you back to your doctor to change the levels or the meds completely. And remember. REACTIVE depression is just as valid as PTSD when a soldier comes home. Oh, by the way. A depression can turn into exactly that if you don't seek help...PTSD.

And keep your family and friends in the loop. This is no time to be going it alone and independent. You will be surprised how much they can help....and totally surprised at where help will come from. If people know you are in trouble, is really is surprising who pops up with something close to a miracle, if not a real miracle.

(03-28-2012, 01:50 AM)dreadhead Wrote: I was injured at work a year and a half ago. I thought waiting for surgery approval was toture but ohh no! I recovered poorly from my back surgery and Drs just wanted to push me back to work. So we gave it a try, i was in bed for a week recovering from the aggravated nerve problems. They then stoped paying me and sent be tons of bills due to my doctor treating depression. I had another MRI and it shows no difference from the MRI i had before surgery. I still have the discs protruding and pinched nerve at L5. Luckly my part time job that i was not injured at was able to give me enough hours to make my car payment. I have always worked for everything ive ever needed or wanted. If it were up to me id go back to my jobs in a heartbeat! I miss my job but the pain i cant do it. I want to work i just cant do that physical job anymore. Lately my other job has been an issue due to my depression and anxiety and i dont know how much longer i can do it, but im single, its just me. If i dont pay my bills ill lose my car, already behind on gas and electric, and my credit will go down the drain. I had to move back home because i couldnt rent anymore, i cant give my dog proper medical treatment because im scared my credit card will meet its limit soon. I recently lost the love of my life due to the sadness depression anger and loss of patients. This injury has ruiend my life. I have no social life because all my friends were at recreational volleyball and work. My mind races of problems and what soon will happen when i get to the point i dont want to leave the houset of pocket to pay for evaluation for a
Cont:
I dont have $ to pay for evaluation and a c9 has to be filed and now im having anxiety about going to the doctors. Im very embarrassed about the condition im in. Im stronger than this yet its getting to me. Where can i go to talk to someone, an outsider, but someone who will understand, for free? I need to get out of this hole im in before i hurt myself

You should get an attorney, and get a good one. One that will work for you.Im glad i have one. Because wc would have shoved me under the rug long time ago.And I went through dreprssion alot.But give it to god and he will take care of it.Trust me Im sure everybody on this forum has been where you are. I personally dont like medications, I deal with my pain everyday,with the help of cold packs and heat wraps and tylenol. But most most of all god gets me through my days,and that attorney will get your medical paid for.I I have 4 injuries .And have had 2 surgeries. I dont want any more surgeries. Especially on my c spine. Ive read a lot of bad things on here and I think I can live with the pain and numbness for now. I miss working too.Thats all Ive done since I was 15. And am 48 now. yea I know what you are going through.

Get the attorney. If you don't have one. If you are not happy with the one you have, express your concerns to him and be honest. I too, missed an IME meeting, because of an emergency admission to hospital. W/C choose to believe I had overdosed in order to miss the meeting. This was proved beyond doubt to not be the case. My attorney was fairly pissed off with me and also told me to settle. Now he is changing his story and is back on my side. Mostly because I have done my research and contacted my doctor, my neurosurgeon, my counselor, and my personal advocate to help intercede for me. All have been very helpful. I am sorry, but most of here have learned we need to do our homework, go back to school....on this site.....and be proactive. Because no one is going to keep standing up for you. They will forget, or your case will be put on the back burner. Keep it on fire. I wish you the best. Most W/C attorneys will discuss you case and its viability for free, after that they are allowed only a settled portion of any settlement you get. If you are still on benefits, and your attorney did not help with re installment, then they can not take a portion of those. Just the settlement. Keep fighting. Keep asking questions on here.

I am curious if you still have a pinched nerve due to the injury, how you can be taken off of benefits without a full MMI. Did you sign off on this? I believe, but am not sure, that as long as you filled in the proper documents and the original accident was taken on as authorized you are still within the proper time lines to get the case re-opened. Time for that attorney and your doctors report to back your case. I hit MMI once, and was re instated. So you can be too. Someone here will be able to tell you more if I am wrong.

Update: well so far ive been to court twice. The first time everything was denied. The second they wanted to reschedule because thier doctor didnt review my doctors statement and have a rebuttal. The continuance was denied and we went along with it. I cried the whole time, im an amotional wreck over this whole thing. (Still havent gotten a psychological eval even tho my doctor offered to pay for it!) At the end of the hearing the lady said thier doctor said i should go back to work full duty and i bursted out "why? So i cant perform my job duties and they fire me?" The hearing officer called it to an end and i recieved papers saying i won!
Days later i got a letter stating they are sending it to the industrial commissions... still i wait to be paid. Im trying to think positive but all i want is my life back! Im losing hope. I think my lawyer is doing well.. but i have to research things (which im no good at) and find what im intitled to like reimbursement for miles to see thier doctors and reimbursement for RX.. i was also informed when i was injured i was still able to work my 2nd job. I sent my pay stubs to the case worker and he cut me a check for the difference. He did this independently and never asked for additional paperwork. Now since they stopped paying me i returned to that light duty babysitting job and they will not pay wage loss because the proper paperwork wasnt filed.. i had no idea! They never asked for it before, my doctor never said anything and i didnt know ive never delt with workers comp b4 how was i supposed to know when he did it the first time with no problem? ??? They are just using this to screw me and i hope my hearing officer understands this and doesnt let it happen. I swear it wont be good if they get away with this. But on the other hand, they would like it if i didnt exist because then they would be free and clear of this. FML

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closing Medical Lowball fridas 2 1,443 11-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: 1171
Question Closing Claim? shefallsdown 1 1,307 02-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Closing my medical Brina623 4 2,621 07-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  closing case without future medical.whats this worth? dahubb 17 32,763 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Triksey
  Vocational Closing Report katicabogar 9 7,814 08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Last Post: katicabogar
  NCM closing my case sparkey 4 3,237 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Last Post: sparkey