Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wc claims
Is there somewhere that one could see what wc uses to get the fiqures that it uses to settle claims with? Do they settle in every case? Just wondering..Im expecting surgery due to a ruptured disc soon

The Top of this Page has a section Titled Info. by State, you could look there, it's different in each State. There isn't always a Settlement in w/c, if your Surgery Heals you and you can return to your Previous Job without restrictions there would be no settlement, and in some States the i/c is not required to settle at any time. Usually you will find an i/c wanting to settle if they feel they can save Money. You are just in the beginning stages of your w/c situation, so it's going to be almost impossible to figure any type of settlement, if any at all. Good Luck with your Surgery, I Hope you Heal Quickly!!Wink

some states also have wc decisions on their websites. But getting to that point is still a long road - mine took about 5 yrs to get their and others have been shorter and others longer. Each person and state is different has still has said.

Smile
It can be complicated.
you may wish to discuss the process with the state work comp claims office
Big Grin
Claimant Assistance and Information:
Miranda Baker, Claims Representative: 601-987-4273. E-mail: mbaker at mwcc.state.ms.us

Mississippi: The basis for non-schedule benefits is loss of wage earning capacity - benefits paid at 66 2/3% of the difference between the pre-injury average weekly wage and the wage earning “capacity” thereafter, subject to the maximum weekly amount.
Rolleyes
Mississippi: Non-schedule benefits are not payable in addition to schedule benefits for the same injury. (Not for the same impairment - Mississippi pays the greater of either the medical impairment to the member or the occupational loss.) You'll need an impairment rating to compute schedule loss of disability.
Smile
There maybe more helpful information on the state's website
http://www.mwcc.state.ms.us/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  claims gaucli 1 3,235 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  new to nc w/c claims chesterbud 1 3,583 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
  Claims pirate50 5 5,055 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Last Post: kate
  other disability claims Jaeden03 4 3,941 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
  Claims Suemurt 11 6,576 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM